1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men Of a Certain Age Canceled

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by FireMen2003, Jul 15, 2011.

1. FireMen2003

FireMen2003 Active Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Peachtree...
  2. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    This is sad news.

3. HomieG

HomieG Nowhere Man...

Feb 17, 2003
    Somewhere...
    Figures, amateurs at Time Warner/Turner Broadcasting trying to make real business decisions.

4. harrinpj

harrinpj Member

Oct 29, 2004
    This makes me so upset. I haven't even watched the second season yet. I assume that it's worth watching right?

5. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    This is just stupid news. Those idiots. It's a great show and worth the time and effort. Bleh on tnt.

6. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Maybe some other network will pick it up. All these great programs always get cancelled after one or two seasons:

Sports Night
    Freaks and Geeks
    Hello, Larry ;)

I know of others, I just can't recall them all now.

7. SorenTodd

SorenTodd New Member

May 26, 2009
    Oh well, at least I can say I was loyal to every episode.

8. Johncv

Johncv Active Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    YES!

9. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Fark!! Darn those Scarpullas..

10. sushikitten

sushikitten 143 down, ??? to go! TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    DC-ish Suburbia
    Of course. Because we just started Season One last week and are about 5 eps in.

Ugh.

11. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Active Member

Oct 2, 2003
    wtf! we loved this show.

12. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    TNT has nobody to blame for this but themselves.

Excellently written, very unique show, they are solely to blame for not finding an audience for this show. Shame on them for being so incompetent.

That is what drives me nuts about TV execs, they reward and punish themselves back asswards.

Someone should be fired for not making this show successful. Instead someone will get fired down the line for having 5 shows not succeed, some of which should not have been on the air in the first place.

It is like the people who run tv networks can not even properly assess what a good show is and what a good show isn't. If you are a tv executive and can't sell a show you know is good, what are you doing?

13. dbranco

dbranco Member

Nov 20, 2003
    BUMMER!!!!

Yes, definitely worth watching.

14. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Crap. Loved that show. :(

I think I need to move to a smarter country.

15. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I thought this was basic cable, where you give a show time to develop an audience.

Burn In Hell TNT!

Maybe DirecTV will step up, the way they did for Friday Night Lights. This would be a good show for their Audience Network (aka The 101).

16. SorenTodd

SorenTodd New Member

May 26, 2009
    Exactly. If they had scheduled the show better, then maybe more people would have tuned in. I had to use Futon Critic to find out when the 2nd half of the 2nd season would start up again (because I never once saw a promo).

17. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    Meanwhile, Chuck producers are licking their chops into finally bringing that show to a complete and final close at the end of this year.

18. PacMan3000

PacMan3000 Member

Sep 23, 2003
    I absolutely love this show, but let's be real guys. This isn't an easy sell of a show to audiences. I can't think of another show like it.

Not a whole lot "happens" every week. And the show's leads are middle-aged men who, for all intents and purposes, just sit around talking and eating for 45 mins each episode.

I'm obviously generalizing, but I'm just trying to say that, for the average Joe who sees a commercial for MoaCA, this might be the conclusion they come to.

I'm hoping this gets picked up by another network.

19. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Crap :mad:

Hopefully another network will pick it up.