1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Masterchef - May 22 - Wednesday

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jamesl, Apr 29, 2013.

1. jamesl

jamesl Member

Jul 12, 2012
  2. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Thanks for the heads up! This is my favorite chef competition show. I'm over Top Chef and can't take, for a while now, Hell's Kitchen.

3. GoPackGo

GoPackGo Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    If you have the magical means, you should check out MasterChef Australia.

4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Looking forward to another season of Masterchef.

I'm really glad it isn't starting at the same time as Hell's Kitchen this time around!! I hated that last time.

5. jamesl

jamesl Member

Jul 12, 2012
    saw another preview

one of the hopefuls used a special ingredient in her dish

breast milk :eek:

6. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV

Yikes!

7. stark

stark Member

Dec 31, 2003
    Eden...
    A friend of mine is on this season. She's having a viewing party of the premiere on Wednesday.

8. jamesl

jamesl Member

Jul 12, 2012
    you can't leave it like that

you HAVE to give us the name

9. lambertman

lambertman To see you, Nice

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    We don't yet know what she calls the breast.

10. stark

stark Member

Dec 31, 2003
    Eden...
    If you were talking to me, her name is Marie Porter. You will know her by her blue hair.

She's kind of famous in the local geek community because she made a huge TARDIS cake for Wil Wheaton and a four foot wide Bird of Prey for the local performance of "A Klingon Christmas Carol".

A tornado destroyed part of her house a year ago (including her kitchen). When they redid the kitchen, she did her backsplash using black and white tiles to identify over 100 digits of pi.

She's also sold a couple of products through thinkgeek.com.

11. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jamesl

jamesl Member

Jul 12, 2012
    25 minutes to go

and cool cake !

now I have someone to root for !

13. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    I really wish they would stop the drama and just tell the cooks what they think of the food as they are tasting it. Give them some real constructive criticism on the spot.

Gordon and Graham used to do this, and Joe was the only one that would pretend he hated everything as he tasted it. Now it seems they are all doing it.

14. jasrub

jasrub Member

May 9, 2008
    Yeah, seeing Joe trying to show NO emotion, or signal of how he liked, or didn't like the dish, is getting real old.

15. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I saw stark's friend for maybe 2 seconds max. From the editing it made it look like she didn't make it and they didn't like her creme brulee (or some type of desert like it). Stark can you confirm?

16. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    At your suggestion I visited such a magical realm and am quite impressed with MC AUS.

Seems to be much more about cooking and educating the contestants, I've found it to be very entertaining.

17. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Any chance this is available anywhere online, legally? The Mord'Sith have my magic. :eek:

18. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Thanks for the link, I'll take a look. Ramsey has always been much more watchable on his BBC shows than those made for the US (e.g. Hell's Kitchen and *Nightmares*). Are his Aus shows more similar to his UK shows or his US? I home the former. Masterchef has tended to be less screaming and more constructive help and I hope that continues, but I'm afraid it won't.