1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Master of None S2 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Zevida, May 17, 2017 at 12:25 PM.

1. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Starting a spoilers thread, since I want to talk about what happened.

How are Mario and Francesca related? During episode 1, I assumed he was her son. But it became clear as the season went on that was not the case. Did I just miss it?

I got tired of Francesca and that story about halfway through the second to last episode. Maybe that was the point, but she went from a friend to someone just unfairly leading Dev on. I think the final two episodes were the weakest of the season.

The last shot with them in bed - was that from the night when she stayed over after the storm? I thought so, but then she didn't have her ring on, so I thought not.

I would have liked much more Arnold, Denise, and Brian.

2. logic88

logic88 Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Land Of...
    Yeah, it wasn't from that snowed in night. Different clothes and bedding too, I believe.

Actually, I was thinking that it would have been better to just end season 2 with that shot of Francesca before the cut to the bed scene. And if they wanted to insert more uncertainty, have her debate whether or not to take the engagement ring off.

True. It might be realistic but it doesn't make Dev's behavior less jerky, IMO.

3. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    By the way, I loved her character. And dig that kind of romantic interest personally. Smart, witty, fun, a touch of spontenaity.

4. logic88

logic88 Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Land Of...
    Yeah, who wouldn't fall for that character?

Then again, that was one of the criticisms that I've read, that the character is yet another "Manic Pixie Dream Girl".

5. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    They do exist in real life. :p

Which others do we know of in TV? Lorelai Gilmore?