1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Massive slowdown on 1/7/09 resolved

Discussion in 'TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)' started by TiVoJerryG, Jan 8, 2009.

1. TiVoJerryG

TiVoJerryG New Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Alviso, CA
    Hi All -
    Welcome again to TiVo Search Beta!

Just want to confirm that there were definitely issues tonight that caused performance to be slower than we expect. As of about 10:45 PST, it looks like things are back to normal.

Keeping the title of this thread focused on today's slowdown, as I'm guessing there will be other threads that cover performance of TiVo Search in general.

2. nrc

nrc Cracker Soul

Nov 17, 1999
    Living in a...
    Good to know that was not a normal situation.
  3. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    Tried it at 9am EST and all worked performance wise.
  4. davidblackledge

davidblackledge Registered l√úser

Sep 9, 2008
    Oh, thank goodness... that was the first time I'd ever used it and I'm thinking... "Gee, this is pretty cool, but it's totally unusuable in its speed, too bad"
  5. Joe3

Joe3 New Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Guess I'll have to give it another try.

Last night was a deal breaker, but I understand.
  6. oViTynoT

oViTynoT Obvious Forum Lurker

May 18, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Yeah, me too. Tried it first time last night around 6:00pm CST and thought it was terrible due to the speed. I gave up after about 5 minutes.
  7. BruceShultes

BruceShultes New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Albany, NY
    As of 11:30 AM EST, it seems to be back to being very slow.

Over 30 seconds between screens being display after selected.
  8. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    tried at 11:45am to 11:55am EST and it initialized a little slower (extra 15 seconds ;)) butt he speed while searching around was still within 2 seconds on everything. TWC roadrunner in NC

I even had Stargate Atlantis show option to get another season pass (had one already on 64) - picked it and it was for 20-1 which is OTA channel that does not come in well for me. Went to channel list and deselected 20-1. went back to Tivo Search and Stargate Atlantis and picked get another Season Pass - it showed channel 8 this time and no longer 20-1 - all within seconds of deselecting the channel.
    I was bummed as i thought I had a bug to report but turned out no such luck. :D