1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mankind - The Story of All of US

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Mabes, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Mabes

Mabes Ex-Smoker

Jan 12, 2001
    Warwick RI
    Anyone watching on History? I saw an internet ad and thought it premiered yesterday but it was about the Iron Age. I guess it is in reruns. Watched about half an hour before going to bed. Didn't like Brolin's narration much but will set up a season pass.

2. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I set an SP. This is the kind of series I will record all of them, save about six months, then delete unwatched.

At least I'm consistent.:)

3. JerryLBell

JerryLBell Active Member

May 3, 2002
    I watched the first episode and found it a little scattered. Maybe it's because it's sort of introducing the rest of the series. It was still pretty good and quite interesting. I was surprised by a few things I learned from it (such as the fact that humans got shorter and less healthy moving from hunting and gathering to early agriculture).

I will definitely watch the rest and the wife want to save it until her mother comes to visit. As a former history and social studies teacher, she'll love it.

4. Mabes

Mabes Ex-Smoker

Jan 12, 2001
    Warwick RI
    I've given up on this after another EP. It's not terrible, it's just that everything is in the context of conquest, and while that is a big part of history, when they talk about the Roman Empire as they did in the EP I watched, anything cultural is described in a minute or two and then we get to the "swell battle scenes."

* anyone who gets that movie reference, I"ll buy you a beer.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It's too loud and noisy. I just want the history, not the sound effects.

6. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    I have an SP, but I am not understanding the way that History is presenting the episodes.
    My TiVo is catching 2-hour long episodes followed shortly thereafter by an hour long episode by the same title with a slightly different description. I had this confusion with the America: The Story of Us series as well. Some have episode numbers in the guide and NPL, most do not.
    Anyone have any idea about this? I found the UK History website lists all 12 episodes, at one hour in length. I'd like to watch these in order.