1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Managing YouTube from my computer works pretty well

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Sylvia Caras, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Sylvia Caras

Sylvia Caras New Member

Jul 16, 2012
    After reading all the discouragements here about TiVo and YouTube, I have settled on a few work-arounds.

I manage YouTube from my computer, selecting subscriptions, playlists, ... I clear the lists online as soon as I've watched the program, before adding anything else, have learned that since I've set it to display newest first that if I add a series or sequence I should add it backwards, learned to clear subscriptions on my computer and add what I want to see to Favorites.

Now the TiVo displayed navigating arrows work, yes slowly, but they do work, sometimes I get the choice to vote an item up or down (the last one in the queue I think). TiVo/YouTube wants to sequentially play everything in the Favorites list, so keeping the list cleared of all items I'm finished with is working.

As well, it's taken me a while to negotiate YouTube on line, and I've got this working adequately. I wouldn't have even known where to start if it hadn't been for all the help and complaints here.

Thanks,

Sylvia