1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major Crimes - New ADA!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gerryex, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    I don't know if this is considered a spoiler but just in case:

Catalina quit her job as a hotel chamber maid and part time "jumping" dancer and must have gone to night school as she is now a lawyer and an Assistant District Attorney on Major Crimes. I was sure it was her and just checked at IMDb and it is. The actress' name is Nadine Velazquex and she is very pretty!! I wonder when the new ADA makes a closing statement she will end it with some jumping!! (Sorry, that was definitely sexist!!!)

Also, I wonder if there will be any romance with Det. Julio as he really gave her a good look when they first met!!

Major Crimes is not too bad but no one can beat Brenda Lee Johnson's character!!!

Also, I know they brought in the Rusty character to humanize Capt. Raydor, but I think he's obnoxious and I can't stand any scene he's in!!

Gerry

2. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I like the show, but I agree with you about Rusty. Kill him off or something. There are plenty of good familiar characters on this show.

3. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    The ADA strikes me a just obnoxious.

4. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Active Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    No need for the new ADA

5. efilippi

efilippi Active Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    The show probably needs an ADA to keep the police in check but I agree that this actress (or the way this actress is written) is a bit much. She is pretty, though.

6. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Agreed, this ADA character is obnoxious. She needs to die.

7. efilippi

efilippi Active Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    This show inspires the base in people. Howie wants to kill Rusty and Doug just wants the ADA to die, no specified manner needed.

Come on, people! :p

8. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I like Rusty. He's a little neurotic, which goes well with his history. The new ADA doesn't fit at all; I hate when they just spring new characters on a show to create turmoil, and it just seems that's all this ADA is good for; and it seems somewhat like we've been here before, too, with Raydor herself, and I'm really not interested in going through that nonsense again.

9. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Ahhh, but then we'd miss out on the "you know what, I really AM beginning to see things your way" moment when she then becomes their biggest ally, and that's just the thing she needed for her career to take off! ;)