1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a note that the site indexes are still building. Until they are done, anything that uses search will be affected such as normal search, post history, etc. It works from the oldest post first and is building forward in time. We could have waited for it all to be done, but hey, who uses search anyway? :)
    Dismiss Notice

[MadisonWI] missing channel (signal lock=yes, program lock=no)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by demogr, Dec 27, 2012.

1. demogr

demogr New Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Approximately 2 weeks ago, my Tivo Premiere stopped being able to tune a set of local digital channels received over cable. DVR Diagnostics reports that it can get a signal lock, but no program lock. Channels not tuned are 607 (WKOWDT), 967 (WKOWDT2), 966 (WKOWDT3) in Madison Wisconsin over Charter Cable. These are the digital cable channels of the local ABC affiliate.

When trying to tune to any of these channels Tivo reports "Problem with the signal on this cable channel. Trying again." Have tried waiting, restarting Tivo, and restarting tuning adapter with no success.

All other channels are working fine, and I can receive these 3 channels directly on my TV, so the problem seems to be specific to the Tivo Premiere.

Can anyone else in Madison confirm a similar problem? Any ideas for a solution?
  2. Davisadm

Davisadm TiVo is awesome!!!!!

Jan 18, 2008
    There is another thread about not being able to tune in certain channels, specifically 607, and i think they have diagnosed it to a Charter Cable problem. Search for the other thread.