1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mad Men - Final Season Speculation (spoilers for all aired episodes)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DougF, Jun 27, 2013.

1. DougF

DougF Active Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    Thought it might be fun to throw out ideas on what might happen in the final season. Have a guess on what might happen? A dream scenario you'd like to see played out?

I think Don will die. Not after a fall from a tall building :), but Don Draper the person will cease to exist. I could see him faking his death somehow and letting Betty and the kids move on with their lives without him. I could also see him re-assuming his Dick Whitman identity and turning himself in to the Army.

2. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Don and Roger become lovers.

3. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I don't think Don will die, but if he does, it won't be by his own hand. That's just not Don. He's too self confident to consider suicide. Considering how many affairs he's had, I wouldn't be shocked if it's a jilted lover.

Another (sad) possibility is that something happens to Sally and he sees the light.

Joan's ex will be killed in Viet Nam, but I don't see her getting together with Roger. I could see Roger dying though or having liver failure

Pete will leave the firm and have trouble finding something else in advertising. I get the feeling he's not respected among his peers.

I think the firm, by the end of the season will cease to exist. I think Bob will have something to do with that, but I'm not sure how/why yet.

4. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Don sets up his own agency and it becomes a smashing success.

5. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Whitman, Draper and Associates. He could be BOTH partners :D

6. Marco

Marco Loyal Little

Sep 19, 2000
    Capital of...
    I can see Peggy being very successful and Don being very NOT, symbolic of the generational change that convulsed the 1960s.

Don Draper is far too central to everything going on in the show. I don't see Don's character dying or getting out of advertising. Unlike Freddy Rumsen, he's far too talented to simply be cast aside.

I realize those two paragraphs sound controversial. Don's had so much success that he will get another chance.

7. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    ha!

8. vman41

vman41 Omega Consumer

Jun 18, 2002
    I think it will be like the Seinfeld season that ended with Jerry getting engaged. The forced hiatus will get a quick mention in the first episode and then be forgotten about.

They'll drop Sunkist for the Florida Citrus Commission. Bob Benson will be put on the account and be instumental in getting Anita Bryant as their spokeswoman.

Joan's ex will be killed by one of his own men.

9. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Sally gets a spinoff series...."Hippies Gone Wild"....

10. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Don wins "Father of the Year" at Sally's school :D

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    As discussed in one of the episoe threads, I think it's a mortal lock that Sally will go to Woodstock.

And we'll see people watching the moon landing on TV.

Peggy will be very successful as creative director. Would be ironic if she then became a drunk.

Don will end up in California.

12. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    Or, Don and Roger remain lovers.

13. Marco

Marco Loyal Little

Sep 19, 2000
    Capital of...
    Mad Men final "season" gets the Breaking Bad treatment, 7 episodes in 2014 and 7 in 2015. :mad:

14. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Way to squeeze as much hype out of this as possible. Is this summer of 2014 and summer of 2015? or is it early 2015? USA network does this a lot with their series.

15. Marco

Marco Loyal Little

Sep 19, 2000
    Capital of...
    Spring.

16. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Sad to see such a decent series slowly descend into mediocrity...and now they're prolonging it even further. Only reason I'll stick with it is because, well, I've been with it since the beginning...

17. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    man...

I guess they just gotta drag this out so people age enough to make it to 1970.

18. zalusky

zalusky Active Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I bet the reason is that they working at filling the replacement programs list and need till 2015 to do it.

19. Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    I was never a huge Mad Men fan, but I'd watched the first five seasons, and was planning on a binge viewing of season 6. But the news of the split seasons is enough for me. I'm just not interested and I'm done with it.

(Sorry to threadcrap.)