1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mad Men "Favors" OAD 6/9/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Regina, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    OHHHH! Don got busted!

Geez, Sylvia, why couldn't you have just sent a Thank-You note? :p;)

Megan: "I'll talk to [Sally]"
    Don: "No!" :D:D

Well, Don seems to have talked Sally out of this for now, we shall see if it rears its ugly head later...

..oh, and the rat blood on Peggy's floor was NASTY!

Only 2 more eps til the season finale! :(

2. mm2margaret

mm2margaret Meagan

Dec 7, 2010
    northern...
    I have to say - I was glad that Don got caught. He's a serial cheater, and finally someone caught him. The fact that it was his daughter was perfect, because outside of Megan, she would care the most.

Although that could really negatively affect her and screw up her relationships with Men, when she starts dating and having relationships with them.

3. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Are we supposed to think that Sally believed his nonsense explanation for even one microsecond?

4. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Multi-year Veteran

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    Don could have been consoling Sylvia. With his pants off......... ;)

Maybe not Sally, but I think kids are inclined to idealize their parents and believe lies their parents tell them since the truth would upset their world too much. It's usually later in therapy when people realize their parents weren't so great as they thought.

5. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I wonder how much we will be zeroing in on Don's transgressions now that there is only one season left. Makes sense that they would have somebody else, other than his wife du jour, catch him. Too bad they have to destory the kid but it seems right in this case.

No Joan this week. Whassup?

Bob - that was a strange deal. I'm not sure I understood what was really going on there.

6. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Of course not. She just accepted that was the lie and basically agreed she'd pretend and she wouldn't say anything.

He was hitting on Pete.

7. KenDC

KenDC Huggy Bear

Jun 18, 2001
    Fredericksbu...
    Roger can do it all!

8. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Ah, ok. Thanks! I thought that but then I thought maybe it was some weird, hidden meaning, thing. :D Should have gone with my gut. Pete handled it better than I would have expected. I figured, if it was a hit, he would have gone all crazy on the guy. Still figuring Bob out.

9. zalusky

zalusky Active Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I am wondering if he was truly hitting on Pete or just being a chameleon to see who is going to be his strong connection. He has been iterating on the whole office to see if anything takes. I also think it might have been a way to deflect the Mother sex issue.

10. crowfan

crowfan The Dude abides

Dec 27, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    The whole knee-rubbing thing puts it squarely in the "hitting on" category for me. :)

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I also got the sense that Bob was basically saying that Manolo had been his caregiver when he was growing up and Bob developed feelings for him just as Pete's mother is now doing. I loved Bob's face when Pete called Manolo a "degenerate" the first time.

12. KenDC

KenDC Huggy Bear

Jun 18, 2001
    Fredericksbu...
    I thought Bob was going to say that Manolo can't being having sex with your mother because he is gay and I know that he is gay because.....knee touch.

13. Zevida

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    That's pretty much what he said, but with fewer words.

14. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Exactly. Bob said that. And he hit on Pete. And I thought he said that Manolo was the reason Bob is gay.

15. Robin

Robin Nasty Woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Not at all. Her "ok" was a very clear "ok, I'll go along with your ******** excuse."

16. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    That's what I thought.

I knew as soon as Sally had a friend over it would be trouble. She doesn't seem to have any friends that don't cause some strife in her life.

I almost hate to say it, but I remember doing the list thing they were doing that night with a friend about a guy in my class. Mitchell seemed way too old for them to be hitting on and I am glad he seemed oblivious to it. In fact, at first I thought he was there to hit on Megan.

17. KenDC

KenDC Huggy Bear

Jun 18, 2001
    Fredericksbu...
    Well, I knew the knee touch was a come on but he didn't directly say that Manolo was gay or that he was in a relationship with him unless I missed it or I am thicker that I thought I was. Maybe he implied it by saying if someone takes care of your needs. I thought at that point he was talking about himself taking care of Peter.

18. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    All I recall him saying about the Manolo thing was something like 'he's not into that or 'that's not his thing' or something like that, which could be taken as 'he's not into OLD women' or 'he's not into women' or any variety of things.

19. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    So now Sally has walked in on Roger and Megan's Mom as well as Don and the neighbor. She's going to have to learn to knock and yell "Hello!" whenever she walks into a room.

20. Zevida

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    While Bob was fixing the drinks he said something Manolo would never do that to Pete's mom because of something like "his preferences are different".