1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAC ID's

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by geekmedic, Aug 21, 2013.

1. geekmedic

geekmedic TiVo Fanatic TCF Club

Apr 4, 2003
    Atlanta, GA USA
    I'm going through the process of assigning static IP addresses to all my computers, printers, routers, iPhone/iPad, Apple TV, etc.

I would like to do this with my TiVo's as well.

Where can I find the MAC addresses of the TiVo's? I have a TiVo Roamio coming soon. I will have a MoCA connection to 4 Minis.

Does the MoCA adapter get its own IP address? If so, how can I obtain the MAC for that?

I'm using an Apple Time Capsule which unfortunately doesn't offer a DHCP client list to get this information. Would make it a lot easier.

2. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    the MAC ID is on the Network Connection page - the same page that you use to force a connection.

3. herbman

herbman Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Ping them all once from your computer, and then type "arp -na" at a shell.

4. geekmedic

Apr 4, 2003
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Found it, thanks!

Trying to avoid conflicts. I rebooted the router the other night and my Sonos Connect:amp for the patio caused a network storm. Had to recycle everything.

Want to reserve IP addresses based on MAC ID's.

5. geekmedic

Apr 4, 2003
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Does anyone know if the Roamio's built-in MoCA adapter will have its own IP?

6. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Yes, each MoCA device has a unique MAC and will need to be assigned it's own IP address. If the Roamio is packaged the same as the XL4 and minis both of the MAC's will be on the sticker attached to the outside of the box along with the TSN.

7. geekmedic

Apr 4, 2003
    Atlanta, GA USA
    There are 3 MAC addresses on the back of the Roamio. Is that for the CableCARD or for ethernet?

8. Ky_Shag

Ky_Shag Shaggy Dog

Jan 26, 2012
    Louisville,KY
    ethernet wireless and moca maybe

9. geekmedic

Apr 4, 2003
    Atlanta, GA USA
    I plan to use ethernet and MoCA only for sending signals to the Minis. I'm curious if I need to set a separate IP for the built-in MoCA.