1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M-card support on S3

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by avmike, Sep 3, 2008.

1. avmike

avmike New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Is this a dead issue? or will support ever be added? I'm paying a fortune to Comcast in cable cards now....
  2. Joybob

Joybob New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    I feel ya.
  3. MickeS

MickeS New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Unfortunately my guess is that it's a dead issue.
  4. 20TIL6

20TIL6 BaDoop BaDoop BaDoop

Sep 7, 2006
    Maybe with today's news about a new HD DirecTV/TiVo, you might have some pricing leverage. I'm thinking Comcast could be flexible in cablecard rental charges. I love my S3 and HD units, but I will be honest, I'm not with Comcast because of Comcast. I'm with Comcast because I can use an HD TiVo. And if I can use an HD TiVo again with DirecTV....
  5. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
  6. ewilts

ewilts Who, me?

Feb 26, 2002
    I'm with Comcast and pay an extra $1.99 per month over Extended Basic service for my Digital Starter package. I don't pay anything at all for my 2 CableCARDs. So for about $2 per month I get all but 2 HD non-premium stations - at least 20 or so right now I think (I haven't counted in a while).

It's a shame that Comcast can't be consistent and give you the same deal that I'm getting.

It might not hurt to call them and threaten to leave though - I phoned them up one day and asked a customer service rep what their cancellation policy was (even though I knew I could cancel at any time without penalty). Next thing I knew I got $20 off per month for 6 months. Kept me nice and happy!
  7. Adam1115

Adam1115 20,000!!!

Dec 15, 2003
    I pay $6.99/Mo for my second cablecard.

My S3 has an S Card in slot one and an M card in slot two.
  8. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Are you paying that much just because the second one is an M-card? If so you should have them swap it out for a cheaper S-card.
  9. Adam1115

Adam1115 20,000!!!

Dec 15, 2003
    No, it was free for the first card, $6.99 for the second.

Comcast showed up with two s-cards but one was bad so the guy went out and got an s-card.
  10. richsadams

richsadams New Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Hmmm. We pay Comcast zero $$$ for our first cable card and $1.99 each for a second "S" card in our Series3 and one "M" card in our THD. :confused: Guess it'll be a moo point (who cares what cows think ;) ) once we switch to VZ FIOS. :)

BTW, why'd I just get an update for this thread if the last post was on 09/04? :confused: :confused:
  11. Scyber

Scyber Former ReplayTV User

Apr 25, 2002
    Once you switch to VZ fios be prepared to spend $3.99 per S-card :(
  12. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    If they run a audit they may find that out and start charging
    you for the cards. I was paying 0 for both cards until they found out that I had 3 cards now I have to pay $1.79 for the one card
  13. ewilts

ewilts Who, me?

Feb 26, 2002
    I was paying for the 2nd card ($1.99 per month I think) but then they stopped charging me. My bill clearly shows the 2nd card at $0.