1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lower channels with no signal

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dolphin, Jun 27, 2013.

1. dolphin

dolphin New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I have two TiVo HD models. I'll call them Living Room (LR) and Master Bedroom (MBR). Both have Charter cablecards in them. In my area (North Texas), Charter went all-digital (June 11). The cable coax comes into the attic, hits a splitter, and then two separate lines go to the living room to feed LR and the bedroom to plug into MBR.

So same models of TiVo and same signal coming in.

The problem is that the MBR unit is not getting a signal for the lower channels: 2-13. It was previously getting those signals, but stopped 2-4 days ago. The LR unit has those channels with a strong signal.

I am at a loss for where to begin to figure out why MBR is not receiving those lower channels. Does anyone have a suggestion?

2. smithken31100

smithken31100 Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Hockeytown
    The first thing I would try is reseating the cable card in the MBR unit. Pull the cable card out, wait a minute or 2 and put the cable card back in.

3. dolphin

dolphin New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    prob a dumb question: if I pull the cablecard, will I need to call the cable company to get re-paired?