1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love In The Wild season 2

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Jun 5, 2012 #1 of 21
    tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    This show makes me miss Paradise Hotel.

Interesting that last season's couples are still together. How many couples from The Bachelor have stayed together?

More thoughts later.

2. Jun 5, 2012 #2 of 21
    mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I don't remember Paradise Hotel.. Wasn't it one of the really trashy ones on Fox?

There's the bachelorette and the fireman guy.. that's the only one I can think of.. though apparently two former contestants from different seasons got married.. it was on a game show a few days ago.

3. Jun 6, 2012 #3 of 21
    Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    guilty pleasure for us. Too many guys to start though.

4. Jun 6, 2012 #4 of 21
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    This is one of those train-wreck shows that I just have to watch.
    And it only gets better as the women start taking each other's men.

The one dude who shared the coconuts with the girl should've known she wasn't interested. He asked for a kiss and she turned him down, that is a red flag that he just didn't seem to comprehend.

Jenny is a goofy hostess though.

5. Jun 6, 2012 #5 of 21
    scsiguy72

scsiguy72 OTA Only..Free TV

Nov 25, 2003
    California Guy
    Too goofy. I don't like her. Who did the hosting last year?

6. Jun 6, 2012 #6 of 21
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    That Scottish dude, Darren McMullen.

Jenny reacts to things happening around her as if she is sitting at home with her friends watching the show. It is annoying to me.

But I can't turn away from this show. lol

7. Jun 7, 2012 #7 of 21
    IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Archeologist

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    This was ho-hum. I gotta think that the overly-paid execs at NBC missed an opportunity here. Why double up the men? Men play it cool when wooing women amongst competition, as was evidenced by every single last one of them. Not only would doubling up the women provide more drama in the form of catty women fighting for men's attention, but if would provide more eye candy. And which gender tunes in more based on eye candy?

8. Jun 7, 2012 #8 of 21
    tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    They alternate having women and men do the choosing. The week when it's time for men to choose, they could then bring in new/extra women. Paradise Hotel did it that way.

9. Jun 7, 2012 #9 of 21
    gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I thought the first season was pretty good. This one not so much. The new format and Jenny McCarthy did not do it for me. And I'm a sucker for dating shows.

10. IndyJones1023

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Risky move. They stand to lose a good chunk of viewers before bringing in extra women that way.

11. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I dislike her because she spreads the unscientific BS about vaccines causing autism.

12. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I was thinking about jumping in on this. Is it too late?

I did so enjoy Paradise Hotel, back in the day. Total and complete guilty pleasure.

13. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I don't think it is too late. There has only been one episode and you could watch that online.

This is nowhere near as good and juicy as Paradise Hotel. I wish that was available to re-watch somewhere! Anybody know if it is? Remember that crazy girl with the eyes?

Love In The Wild is like a tamed down cross between Paradise Hotel and Temptation Island.

14. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    I agree, even if you miss episode 1, you can catch right up.

Also, if you have an iPad, the free NBC app is fantastic for watching missed shows. You do have to sit through the same 40 seconds of commercials 4 times or so, but you can watch practically any of their shows if you missed the broadcast.

15. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    Interesting to see 2 "couples" choose to leave. I would think I could put up with someone just for the free vacation!

16. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    I agree. Why not go through it as friends. Especially since not all the other couples have 'found love in the wild', you might connect with one of them.

Ali did seem like a black widow. She could turn those emotions on and off like a switch.

17. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    The response to this thread pretty much sums up my feelings. It was decent summer filler I suppose. Both of the couples in the final 2 seemed nice enough, although I was pulling for Ben/Michelle. It wasn't clear (to me at least) if they got to choose where they went on their trip around the world? It seemed like the cities that they showed were just examples of where they might decide to go. Not too bad for 8 weeks of TV work.

18. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    they staged some of the scenes where they showed both teams - when they were riding their bikes past each other the woman that should have been on the Ben/Michelle bike was not Michelle, wrong hair color. At least that's the way it looked to me, my Wife didn't agree with me ;)

I suspect that they were trying to make it look closer than it actually was.

19. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I thought they meant that the trip went to ALL of those places..

20. IndyJones1023

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Yeah, Jenny said it's a trip "around" the world. Not to a destination of your choice. Hell, that's all everyone talked about.