1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Louie S04E11&12 "In the Woods"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DeDondeEs, Jun 10, 2014.

1. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Man this show never ceases to amaze me. What a great episode with a really good story. I really liked the way they flashed back and forth between him dealing with his daughter and the back-story of his high school drug learning experience.

2. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Louie C. K. surprisingly makes some of the best TV.

3. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    That was the longest half hour I've even seen :D

Yea, it was kind of shocking that they did an extended episode. Great episode.

4. KenDC

KenDC Huggy Bear

Jun 18, 2001
    Fredericksbu...
    I agree that it was fantastic and well timed for me. I have a boy finishing Freshman year of HS and another finishing 6th grade this week. It's hard. First remembering what your life really was like and who you were at that age and then incorporating that into your role as a parent, especially when you have just gone 10+ years doing everything you can to protect them. Basically, parents have to do what they have to do and kids/teens have to do what they have to do. It is not always compatible.

I was so happy as I have not been very happy with this season...this one episode make up for all that. I really liked it and so did the fat lady.

5. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I loved it. I really thought he was going to sit down with her at the end and tell her his story.

This is probably the best season of Louie so far. Just the genius of bringing in someone like Eszter Balint who I thought had all but retired from acting. That storyline with her was astoundingly good TV.

6. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I must be in the minority but I didn't really enjoy this episode and it seemed very long. Then again, I don't have a tween.

7. tivoboyjr

tivoboyjr Unregistered User

Apr 28, 2003
    This was the best ABC After-School Special I've seen.

8. KenDC

KenDC Huggy Bear

Jun 18, 2001
    Fredericksbu...
    :up:

9. tem

tem Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2003
    we thought it dragged and the ending was weak. All he could say was "I'm here for you" ? Though that was probably the point.

Some very strange editing going on as well.

It was a Very Special Louie.

10. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I thought it was tedious.

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Louie has told that story about him stealing the scales and trading them for pot in his stand up act before.

I know there's not supposed to be continuity between episodes of Louie, but it was weird to see F. Murray Abraham playing Louie's dad when he had played Louie's uncle in a previous episode.

12. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Saw an interview with Louis CK he said the addition of Skipp Suduth was last minute the teacher was going to be played by Phillip Seymour Hoffman and then he died. He changed the name of the teacher to honor PSH.

13. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Could have sworn that in the first part of the episode, the teacher was called Mr. Miner, and in the second half he was called Mr. Hoffman. Is that what CK is talking about?

14. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Not sure I never really picked up on the name.

15. Fofer

Fofer XenForo Rocks! TCF Club

Oct 29, 2000
    At the end of the show a title card dedicated the show to him.

I loved this episode. This season has really impressed me.

16. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I liked this a lot as well. This has been a different season for Louie. I don't know how to explain him. I just like him.

17. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Even though this episode was almost completely devoid of humor, I enjoyed it. Yes, it was kind of long, but I was never bored, and there was some great acting. The boy who played young Louie was superb. So was Skipp Sudduth as the science teacher. I also thoroughly enjoyed the performances by Jeremy Renner and Amy Landecker.

Overall, this season has had much less humor than previous seasons. The show has evolved into a canvas where C.K. expresses his innermost thoughts, fears, etc ... There truly isn't anything else like it on television. C.K basically has free reign to do what ever he wants without network interference, and the result is some highly entertaining, and often brilliant TV.