1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost VOD capability on SD menu page

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by lillevig, Aug 9, 2014.

1. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Not sure if this is related to the recent firmware update for Premieres but I get a "network not found" error when I try to check out video download options from the SD Menu. Don't even get a list of providers like Amazon, Netflix, HuluPlus. All that stuff works perfectly if I select the HD Menu. Given that I haven't checked out this option for quite awhile it may be a "feature" that I've just not noticed before now. Resetting the Tivos (both are 4-channel Premeire models, but different) doesn't fix it. Network communications are perfect otherwise.

2. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    In settings, turn on HD menus.

3. moose53

moose53 New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Yeah, it is caused by the update. It's not a feature ... it's a flaw.

from: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=10200355#post10200355

I did this late last night. It **WORKS**! Give it a try.

If it works, you will be able to stay in SD ... I don't like HD because the print is difficult for me to read.

4. lillevig

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Did you even bother to read the whole post?

5. lillevig

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Thanks, but didn't work for me. I'm using a Tivo wireless adapter instead of the Ethernet port.

6. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Try disconnecting your wireless by 're-entering a incorrect wireless password and then when it won't connect, put your correct one in. That should in theory do the same as disconnecting the Ethernet but for wireless. But I'm not sure if I understand why what Margaret posted works they way she described.

Btw, yes I did read your entire post, I believed you were posting a question, not a statement, my apologies if my reply offended you. If it works with HD menus enabled, is that a issue?