1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Program Information

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by MaryLHarvey, Jun 18, 2012.

1. MaryLHarvey

MaryLHarvey New Member

Jun 18, 2012
    At no notice we have lost all program information from our TIVO box so cannot see what is due to be shown on TV, our favorite channels and cannot record anything.
    We contacted Virgin Media who do not know how to fix the problem. Their only suggestion is to reformat the whole Tivo box. We would therefore lose all our recordings (including all my 7 year old son's favorite dinosaur and wildlife programs). Obviously we are all unhappy about this situation.

Can anybody offer any help with this or advice?

2. bshrock

bshrock New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Hello Mary, welcome to the TiVo Community.

It might be helpful to know Which model of TiVo DVR that you are using? WeaKnees.comĀ® Find Your TiVo Model

No need to do the "Clear And Delete Everything" (format?) the worst case is that you would re-do the "Guided Setup". (Takes a long time but keeps your recordings, season passes and wish lists)

Does "have lost all program information" mean you have lost the Guide data or just the "To Do" list?
    1: If it is the guide data go into "System Information" -> "Settings" -> "Network" and force a connection to TiVo.

2: If it is the "To Do list" change the order of a Season Pass this will force a data re-sort.

IAC if the 2 steps above does not help a re-boot may be all you need.

All this is assuming that the DVR has an active subscription with TiVo.

FYI: I noticed my old Series 2 does not have any upcoming recording because all the shows on analog cable that I have season passes for are on season break.

3. georgemoe

georgemoe TiVo Army Grunt

Nov 7, 2001
    Central...
    Not sure if this will help but just today my wife came home and found this under the "Find Programs" menu on our Tivo HD.

Tivo Search
    Kidzone Recommendations

Thats it!

Missing were Search by Title, Wishlist, Suggestions, Record (manual), Season Pass Mgr, and To Do List. Now Playing was still intact with items but items scheduled for today did not record.

I just went in and rebooted and all the items in the "Find Programs" menu reappeared along with season passes. I'm hoping these SP's get repopulated in the To Do list as I had to add shows manually that were scheduled for tonight.

Maybe it's as simple as a reboot. Hope it helps.

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Does your mention of Virgin Media mean that you're in the UK?

If so, here's the UK specific, Virgin supplied TiVo specific forum, where you're more likely to find users familiar with your particular model than us USians.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=69