1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Girl on SyFy: Is it worth watching?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Anubys, May 11, 2012.

Is Lost Girl worth watchin?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    72.1%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. iPhone. iPhone. iPad.

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Yes, another "worth watching" thread!

I never even heard of this show but now I see promos for it. It seems to be in its third year!

What say you?

2. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    I like it. If you don't mind a little supernatural and you like asskicking women it might be for you.

There have been 2 seasons so far.

[​IMG]

3. ConstableClyde

ConstableClyde New Member

May 1, 2012
    Is it a series that you have to start at the beginning to catch on to?

4. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I vote it is worth watching, but I find a lot of it pretty cheesey.

2 seasons have aired in Canada. They are probably on the second season on SyFy. I watched the show off downloads from Canada broadcasts.

5. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    • Yes, it is worth watching.
    • You should start at the beginning because there are some things that are established early on that continue through the series (although there are standalone eps).
    • Yes, SyFy just began the second season (I believe last week).

It's one of my weekly guilty pleasures...

6. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    This is good to hear. I downloaded seasons 1 and 2 from TVTorrents but the season 2 files just crapped out when converting them to mpeg. Only 1 episode from season 1 crapped out. So I can watch season 1 and record season 2 and won't miss anything (well, I'll miss one episode).

7. Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    Next Monday's episode is Season 2, episode 4, "Mirror, Mirror". So you'll have missed 3 episodes of season 2.

The show is... uneven. There are a lot of odd character choices throughout season 2 that made no sense, but it's mostly enjoyable fluff.

8. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Actually, "Mirror, Mirror" was last Monday's episode, and next Monday's is "BrotherFae of the Wolves" which is S02E05...

9. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    crap. That means I only have 2 out of 4 episodes from season 2.

Well, I guess I'll start with season 1 and worry about season 2 if I like the show!

10. IDSmoker

IDSmoker Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the T&A on this show. It's not only well done, with very attractive actors, it's even justified by the plot since the main character is a succubus!!!

11. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I enjoy it. It's not great, but every so often it manages to be surprising or clever. I do feel like the lead character is miscast. I think it would work better if she and Kenzie (her sidekick) had their roles reversed. The lead doesn't have enough charisma to be a lead, and Kenzie is wasted as a sidekick - she could carry her own show.

12. Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    I wouldn't mind seeing some Kensi T&A next season. Rowr. ;)

13. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I think the show is a great concept. This underground world is very interesting to me. I think it just needs like 3 times the budget for better writers and actors.

I also don't really like the woman that plays Bo. She doesn't really seem all that succubus-y to me. :)

14. IDSmoker

IDSmoker Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I would agree, except that the backstory had the character growing up 'normal' somewhere in the bible belt (Kansas, I think).

Remember, until she found out about the fae, Bo had no idea why every person she ever had sex with, ended up dead. I would imagine that this would give anyone a complex, much less someone who was raised in a religious environment.

15. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer Member

Jan 5, 2007
    I agree! She’s very cute and very funny.
    The show is a bit underwhelming at times, but overall it’s a nice little treat.

A bigger budget and even being produced by HBO/Showtime is a great idea. Oh well…

I do like how Bo uses “sexual energy” both to get information and to recover from injuries.

I also think Bo is a good choice for Succubus but agree that Kensi could have her own show and succeed.

16. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I luvs me some Kenzi.

Lost Girl is a good, not great sow. I like it. It's definitely low budget.

Where's the T&A? I've yet to see any T or A in the SyFy version.

17. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    You're kidding.....right?

18. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    No. You've seen naked breasts and butts on Lost Girl? That's T&A to me. I watch Spartacus.

19. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I finally watched the first 5 episodes of season 1. I like it. It's going to be a fun little show to watch. I'll plow through seasons 1 and 2 in about 3-4 weekends during this summer.

And there was part of an A showing in the pilot, too bad I can't look forward to more (or any T, for that matter!).

20. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Correction, I only watched the first 3 episodes, not 5. And wow
    the threesome in episode 4 was pretty nice. Side boobage!

so, in a sense, we've had some A and some T :D