1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost FX Channel Last Night!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by programmer, Nov 21, 2012.

1. programmer

programmer New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Last night my wife and I were watching Son's of Anarchy, when all of a sudden, the screen pixelated, and then black screen. After about 30 seconds, a banner at the bottom of the screen indicated that it was 'searching for satellite signal':eek:. It does not appear that any other channels were affected.
    Can someone provide me with some information on what may have caused this? The machine is a series 2 Tivo on DTV, model number I believe is 540140.

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Sounds like you have a stand alone TiVo being fed by a satellite receiver.

I'd suspect the satellite receiver is where the problem is.

3. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Your TiVo doesn't "search for satellite signals".

Your satellite box does.

Your TiVo only gets the audio and video output from the satellite box.

If you got a signal that said "searching for satellite signal", that's your satellite box, and for all it knows it's feeding that message directly to a television set.

The problem has to be with your "DTV" receiver, your dish, or the cable running from the latter to the former.

4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Did you try changing to another tuner on the Tivo? Sometimes I have one tuner suddenly not recognize certain channels but I can get them on the other tuner. Don't know why this happens, but it happens now and then on both of my Premieres. It's usually very short-lived but it can be a PITA if I'm recording and a tuner blacks out on the channel.

5. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    +1