1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Details on Banner

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by rarceneaux, Nov 13, 2012.

1. rarceneaux

rarceneaux New Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Just this week I lost the details under the banner. I can use the right arrow and move through but on the next channel its back to just the banner and no details. What am I doing wrong where I can't save the setting so it will show details on every channel with out using the right arrow?

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    A similar issue.. when I start playing a show, it seems like you have to wait several seconds before you can right arrow to see the details of the show (e.g. the name).. the banner will be at the bottom before then.

3. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Same here. Started after the update, so I assumed it was part of it. I don't like the change, as there was nothing wrong with it before. And there is no way to set it back; it's the new small banner only.:thumbsdown:

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Personally I wish there was an option for no banner at all when starting playback of a show. The "clear banner quickly" setting doesn't work when 1st starting playback as it seems the banner sticks around forever. Don't really care about channel changing as I don't care about live TV very much.

5. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Just hit PLAY a 2nd time quickly, and all banners and timelines go *poof*. Instantly.

It only took my 10 years to figure this out.:rolleyes:

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Good tip, thanks! I previously was using clear button, but with thumb already on play that is much easier.