1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost all recordings after new TiVo interface showed up

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by crazydooker, Mar 22, 2012.

1. crazydooker

crazydooker New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    Well, I am certain that nobody can actually help with this issue, but I at least thought I'd mention it here.

Yesterday, while watching a show on our Premiere, the TiVo suddenly shut off, rebooted, and when it came back it was like it was a brand new TiVo, asking us what country we live in, etc. Had to go through the entire new setup, and once we did, the new interface was there.

Unfortunately, none of our shows were. We lost everything. Months of shows we were storing up - gone.

Anyone else have this problem? It was really heartbreaking... I love my shows and some (like my soap opera, which I was about 28 days behind on) I can't find anywhere to watch online. :(

Kym

2. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Ouch! that sucks. Anything at all in the Now Playing? Did your Season Passes survive?

You might switch back to the SD interface select Messages & Settings > Settings > Displays > Choose TiVo Menus > TiVo with SD Menus

3. crazydooker

crazydooker New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    Nope... nothing at all survived. Nothing in Now Playing, no season passes. It was like it was reformatted... brand new TiVo, had to go through the entire setup.

<whimpers very sadly>

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    That's nuts!

Have you called TiVo to see what they say?
    You give them your TSN, maybe they can look at their logs.

5. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
  6. crazydooker

crazydooker New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    Sadly, no. I got all excited thinking this was the problem... but I switched the menus and still, all the shows are lost. :(
    I suppose I can call support, but again, it's like we formatted the TiVo to re-sell it or something, it wiped it completely clean of all of our information - like it was fresh out of the box. But it might be interesting if they can pull logs to see what happened.

Wah :(