1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost all channels (mix of no signal and not authorized)

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by rmcurtis, Apr 11, 2014.

1. rmcurtis

rmcurtis Member

May 26, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Sometime early yesterday morning, we've lost all channels on our Tivo Roamio Basic. We have limited basic cable through Comcast and use a CableCARD, which has all been working great since January. The TiVo is still running 20.3.8.

The strange thing is that the channels now report a mix of causes for not working. Some report a signal problem (V53) and some report "not authorized". It seems that more channels report "not authorized" than V53.

I rebooted the TiVo, unplugged and replugged the coax cable, and removed and reinserted the CableCARD, all of which had no effect on the symptoms.

I guess my next plan is to call Comcast and see if they can help. I can't remember ever seeing this kind of issue before in many years of enjoying TiVo.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. rmcurtis

rmcurtis Member

May 26, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Update:

Comcast was able to send a signal to the cableCARD and restore the channels.

However, a few channels still show a V53 error, even though the channel appears to work great. Why is there a V53 error banner across a working channel??

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    You have had a charmed life. I don't know if Comcast is just that much better than TWC but that experience is pretty common among TWC subscribers.