1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing wi-fi connection

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by magic168, Oct 16, 2013.

1. magic168

magic168 New Member

May 9, 2009
    New Roamio Plus. Have had it for about 2 weeks. No problems until the last few days where the Roamio informs me that there's a problem with my network connection. I go through and reconnect it to wifi, and I notice it's "very low (36%)" which is odd because the access point works fine with all my other equipment.

Then today, the connection has been lost again....

Anyone else seeing these wifi issues?? I don't know what to do here...

2. magic168

magic168 New Member

May 9, 2009
    OK, now it's connected and shows 100% strength to the wifi network, but when I force a connection to the Tivo network, it goes to the Network step and says "Network cable unplugged???

3. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    I am going to ask a stupid question...

If an Ethernet connection isn't available, why wouldn't you setup the Roamio using MOCA? It is far more reliable with better throughput.

I am not sure about your Wi-Fi network, sometimes you can get outside interference with Wi-Fi and it will provide inconsistent connectivity.

4. magic168

magic168 New Member

May 9, 2009
    I plan to try that later (once I get an adapter), but for now, wifi is the only option.

I really don't get why it's giving me trouble two weeks into it, though. Now I can't even connect at all, giving me a N09 error.

5. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    Reboot your router and see if that fixes the problem. I have also heard people having luck setting a specific IP device in the router settings.

6. consumedsoul

consumedsoul Member

Jan 13, 2013
    +1 for setting specific IP using MAC address, I've had far less issues w/ wifi connections since.

7. magic168

magic168 New Member

May 9, 2009
    Interesting, I will try the static IP and see if that helps.