1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for HDMI switch controlled by Tivo Remote

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by dvdvids, Apr 27, 2014.

1. dvdvids

dvdvids New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Can any HDMI switches be controlled by Tivo (Roamio) Remote?
    If yes, pls recommend one.

Reason is my TV's HDMI input/ports with my Tivo since my Sceptre TV uses arrow keys to select the new input which I heard cannot be controlled by Tivo remote :confused:
    So, I'm thinking if there are HDMI switches that can be controlled by Tivo remote, then I use all my devices via that switch

Thanks!

2. stluser

stluser New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    I use an HDMI switch from monoprice which has a standard IR remote included that can switch inputs. I suppose you could use a TiVo learning remote and program the input code from the switcher remote into one of the learning enabled buttons on the TiVo remote. If the switch will be out of line of site for IR you can try setting up an IR blaster.

Hope that answers your questions.

3. telemark

telemark New Member

Nov 12, 2013
  4. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    I seem to recall either a radio shack or Gefen switch that learned an IR code which would make it switch to your desired input. An example being if you hit the TiVo button on your TiVo remote (or power button on your DVD player, etc.), then the switch knew and would respond and switch to the input your TiVo was connected to.

5. dvdvids

dvdvids New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Ah! so I can only do this with a TiVo learning remote? which would rule out my regular TiVo remote...sigh :(

6. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    I thought the new style RF/IR remote that comes standard with the Roamio is a learning remote but it doesn't appear that it is however the new slide pro remote is a learning remote, well worth the cost of $49.95 at Tivo.com and it is compatable with new RF module of the new Roamio but if you buy one you should get the Premiere version which isn't different but the Premiere version includes the USB dongle for no extra cost. You might not need it now but having the dongle is nice esp if you buy the slide pro with the dongle, you can use your standard Roamio Remote on the Mini if you need RF control for the Mini.

7. dvdvids

dvdvids New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    What is the model # for the one with USB dongle? Looking for one on ebay... is it C00240?
    And is that the only difference between the 2?

Thanks!

8. nooneuknow

nooneuknow TiVo User Since 2007

Feb 5, 2011
    Cox Cable...