1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for device to placeshift Tivo remotely with web interface

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by Ron DeGumbia, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Ron DeGumbia

Ron DeGumbia New Member

Sep 18, 2012
    I need a device that can placeshift my Tivo remotely using a web interface. I need this to function at a Dialysis center where most ports are blocked but web browsing is permitted. If anyone knows of such a device or a work around please let me know.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    A Slingbox or Vulkano will both do this. The Stream will not.

Dan

3. Ron DeGumbia

Ron DeGumbia New Member

Sep 18, 2012
    I was looking into Slingbox, watching a howto setup using the web config tool it asks what ports you want to use, I believe the default commonly used by Slingboxes now is 2021 or so.

Even though it lets you choose the port I don't think this will help me as it appears the only ports open at the dialysis center are port 80 and such used for web pages.

4. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Sling has a web site that you can access to view your Slingbox. Since it's web based any ports it needs access to will be routed through Sling's servers, the only local one you'll be accessing is port 80.

Dan

5. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas

http://watch.slingbox.com

Looks like they've updated it and now the subdomain is:
    http://newwatch.slingbox.com

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    When I set up my SlingBox 350 I didn't need to mess with any ports. It worked remotely through my Asus Rt-N56U router without my need to manually open any ports. With my Hava HD I did need to manually open the ports.

7. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Welcome to the forum Jacob.

This user was looking to watch his TiVo remotely, at a dialysis center while receiving treatment, so the app you referenced doesn't really apply. Really the only options for placeshifting video content are the Slingbox and the Vulkano.

Dan