1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Longtime Member Terminal Cancer selling directivos series2

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Ilovetorecord2, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Ilovetorecord2

Ilovetorecord2 New Member

Mar 21, 2000
    South San...
    I hope that the monitor for this forum does not refuse my post as I know it might not be the most appropriate.

Since I have stage 4 lung cancer in several places, I am trying to clean things up at home for the wife does not have to.

I have 2 series1 ($5 each) that work and maybe 5-9 series 2 ($8 each) with most having a small hard drive, power cord and tivo remote, hdvr2, DSR704 etc. that I would like to sell in San Francisco Bay area. I think shipping would not be worth getting that.

I have enjoyed being on this forum for the last 12 years and hope to for as long as I can.

A funny story. About 10 years ago someone arrange a get together for people who liked tivo in the Bay Area and we met maybe in Palo Alto, not sure. Anyhow I needed to get one of my tivos upgraded and I had talked to some guy named Tiger but was unsure how much he know. Later I found out how much I don't know that is if any of you know who he is.

Patrick Richards:)

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    I am sorry to hear about your cancer, Patrick - I hope you manage to outlast expectations.

I do know who Tiger is - anyone who did TiVo hacking in the early days owes him a large debt of gratitude.

3. Ilovetorecord2

Ilovetorecord2 New Member

Mar 21, 2000
    South San...
    I know that is why I think it is funny. There could not have been any one more qualified to do it and I think I was embassarred when I found out I had someone else hack them until I learned how a few years back.

I met and done business with several fine people on this forum.

Patrick Richards:)