1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Longmire Season 3 Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hummingbird_206, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Jun 3, 2014 #1 of 60
    hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    Season 3 thread. If folks want individual ep threads, please feel free to start them.

Glad they didn't kill off Branch. Daddy sure is a piece of work.

Why are they turning Henry into an idiot? He leaves $40K in his safe for his gf to steal? And he waives his rights? Come on, Henry isn't stupid.

The chemistry between Walt and Vic is just smoking hot. Wow! I hope they never get romantically involved, but it sure is fun to watch them together.

2. Jun 5, 2014 #2 of 60
    RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Is it me, or was the season opener a bit of a disappointment compared to how last season ended?

3. Jun 5, 2014 #3 of 60
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The thing that disappointed me was the emphasis on mysticism, which just seemed out-of-place. I assume that eventually there will be a logical explanation, but it just seems out of character for this gritty, down-to-Earth show to take it so seriously in the meanwhile...

4. Jun 5, 2014 #4 of 60
    hummingbird_206

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    Yeah, the season opener definitely wasn't up to par with the season finale. But I still enjoyed the ep, except as Rob says, for the mysticism. But it seems like I remember that they did something similar before with the guy on horse that Walt kept seeing? Don't remember exactly what happened there, but I think it turned out to be something non-mystical.

5. Jun 5, 2014 #5 of 60
    RonDawg

Jan 12, 2006
    This season's opener for some reason didn't hold my attention that the show normally does. And the notion of Branch's attempted murder as being somehow a way to get to his father seems weird. Why not just go after the father directly if that's the case?

Not only did he (the "Contrary Warrior") turn out to be a fraud (he was an alcoholic and what Henry called a "pest") but it turned out that HE killed his own sister over her cutting him off financially.

Maybe there is a scientific explanation for Branch seeing an apparently dead guy shoot him in the gut, when they have already confirmed that guy is long dead.

6. Jun 6, 2014 #6 of 60
    Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I think they already dropped the seeds for that. It seems most reasonable that he "mis-remembered" under the influence of the peyote.

I've had that happen even without the benefit of drugs, where I "remember" something happening at an earlier time than it could have. Memory is weird. Drugs make it weirder. And that seemed to be what Longmire was getting at when he was questioning Branch.

7. Jun 6, 2014 #7 of 60
    pendragn

pendragn Active Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    I didn't take it as stupidity. I took it in the same vein as keeping the teeth, as an insurance policy that he gets convicted and Walt can't take the fall for him.

8. Jun 6, 2014 #8 of 60
    RonDawg

Jan 12, 2006
    I don't think it will be as simple as saying it's just the peyote. I'm pretty sure the writers have something else in store, which I would like as long as it's not outrageous (think Dallas and the "dream sequence" where Bobby Ewing steps out of the shower, as if the previous season never happened).

9. hummingbird_206

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    Looks like they are going to drag out the Henry story all season. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but would have liked to see at least a bit of progress on that front. And Cady is going to be Henry's attorney...shocking;)

Didn't care about the other case (murdered girl) at all. They did nothing to make me interested in whether they caught the killer or not.

Not one of the better eps IMO.

10. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Maybe, but I think the story was a way to intensify the simmering attraction between Walt and Vic. We've seen her interest, but this episode we got to see the Sheriff begin to feel overwhelmed by those sexual urges he feels for her.

Up to now, I suspected he may be attracted... but this episode confirmed it.

11. RonDawg

Jan 12, 2006
    I agree that so far, this season has been a bit of a disappointment. It's starting to become a bit bland.

12. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Active Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I've read most of the books and watched the previous seasons, now I'm confused as to what happened where. I recall Longmire banged Starbucks mother in one book or show. I also think he did Starbuck in one and am pretty sure in the books her hubby is long gone.

13. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
    If you visit the Longmire page on IMDB, then look at your recently viewed pages at the bottom, you'll find Tom Cruise and Jennifer Aniston pages right before the Longmire? There's thread on the Longmire message board dealing with this. :(

14. RonDawg

Jan 12, 2006
    I will say that tonight's episode "Miss Cheyenne" has been better than the first two episodes from this season. Hopefully the writers can keep it up.

I haven't read the books, but as far as the TV series is concerned, the only person with whom Walt has had a sexual relationship (besides his wife) was Lizzie Ambrose, whom he met during the investigation of a murder that occurred on her property in Season 1.

He has yet to get in bed with Vic, though his feelings for her have been most intense in episode 2.

15. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Active Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I have to admit, this latest Longmire was very good.

16. hummingbird_206

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    The third ep was definitely an improvement over the first two.

I'm not seeing anything on Walt's side as far as attraction to Vic goes. They have great chemistry, and we keep seeing looks that she's giving him, but I don't see anything he's doing that would make me think he's interested in her that way.:confused: Like when she picked up his beer, he seemed annoyed, not aroused.

Has Branch always been so wooden? I used to like his character, but this season he just seems so blah to me.

I'm to the point where I just want to FF through the Henry and Cady stuff. Not holding my interest at all.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, he WAS just shot! I like that they make him look and act like somebody who's recovering from major physical trauma, instead of a one-episode recovery.

18. hummingbird_206

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    Hum, well, I guess that could be it. But he's recovered enough to be back on the job and out drinking beer.:) To me it just comes across as the actor losing interest and not really putting much in to his performance.

19. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Right, but he SHOULDN'T be back ion the job, and he can barely stand up (or sit back down).

20. RonDawg

Jan 12, 2006
    Yeah he mentioned in the car to Henry (after Henry's monitoring bracelet showed him outside his curfew area) that at least Henry can walk a mile without having to sit down due to dizziness. The last two episodes, Cady, Vic, and now Walt have expressed concerns to Branch about coming back to work so quickly.

Speaking of electronic monitoring, a bit of a peeve....Henry is NOT a parolee like the guy from the monitoring center said he was. You have to be convicted of a crime first to be on parole. Henry hasn't been tried yet for the murder, much less convicted.

The last two episodes have ratcheted down Walt's attraction to Vic, especially after he saw how Ed Gorski's apparent return to Absaroka is causing a rift between Vic and her husband. Her flashback though shows for the first time that her relationship with Gorski's went far beyond the call of duty, and could explain why Gorski is still stalking her besides the fact that she testified against him in a corruption case.

I do wonder what tie-in the peyote dealer (the one kidnapped by Branch from his house on the rez) has to do with what has happened so far.