1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech Harmony setup for Roamio?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ShoutingMan, Sep 21, 2013.

1. ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    The Logitech Harmony One software is missing some basic, long-time features in the Roamio database: Replay and Advance. Has anyone got their Harmony One setup completely with the new Tivos? I'm not sure if I should go back to my TivoHD setup and add new features? Or use the Roamio configuration and add in the missing features?
  2. fdisker2000

fdisker2000 New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    I have the Harmony Ultimate, it was already set up with my Premiere as a device and I'm using that. It was only missing a couple features that I had the Ultimate learn.
  3. consumedsoul

consumedsoul New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    I set it up fine, (Roamio got added recently to database at myremotesetup.com/EasyZapper/New/ProcSpice/landing.asp?par=val) on my activities though had to add custom buttons for replay/advance. And I set menu as 'TiVo' and exit as 'Live TV'.
  4. ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    That's the problem I'm running into. Logitech left out replay and advance, that were already there for the HD (and presumably Premiere). I haven't manually learned them yet. Looks like I need to.
  5. Smirks

Smirks .:. Hello .:.

Oct 7, 2002
    Had the same problem. The "List" command is also missing in the Roamio command set. I just learned those three commands from another Harmony I had configured for a S3.
  6. ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan New Member

Jan 6, 2008
  7. ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Yep. I just discovered "List" is missing. I don't know if I can get that. I don't think that was a command I can learn from my TiVo remote.
  8. ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    I'd start over with the Tivo HD database (and learn Back), except then I can't get the ABCD buttons with icons in the touchscreen.
  9. rehr0001

rehr0001 New Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Just pick a series 3 instead. Then you'll have everything you need.
  10. ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Does it have the Back button and Yellow, Red, Blue, Green buttons? If so, I'll try it.
  11. Alan_r

Alan_r New Member

Sep 13, 2013
    I chose a Premiere, model TCD-746500.
    It has all the buttons you need, including the colored buttons. (which go on the LCD screen)

The back button is missing but you can learn that one from your Roamio remote.
    I added that one to down arrow.

I customized my screen buttons a bit since I didnt like the layout, but everything is available for you.
  12. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    I entered the Roamio and just learned the Back and Advance buttons.

13. ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    I learned the Replay and Advance buttons, out of practicality.

I may try a Sequence to re-create the "List" command.

I also wish there was a way to have the colored buttons with labels matching the TiVo remote. I want "Yellow" labeled "A", like the remote. It's confusing trying seeing the TV screen with a "A" button and looking at the One and reading "Yellow" to match.
  14. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005

15. dslunceford

dslunceford Active Member

Oct 19, 2000
    I'm not bothering to update the commands on my Harmony 880...the only thing missing is the A-D sort and frankly, once that's set (Groups/alpha), I tend not to change it. If I do, easy to just use my iPhone or iPad.
  16. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Has anyone else noticed the the speed of their Harmony remote is slower then the original Tivo peanut? I have played with the inter-key delay and seen no improvement. The default is 100ms, I tried 300ms and 0ms, all see slower then the Romaio remote in IR mode (I know it is in IR because I am using it against my Mini at the moment).
  17. senorgregster

senorgregster New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    One of my Roamios is behaving very poorly with a Logitech. The other Romaio works great. Some commands like page down are usually ignored whereas others like direction down are fine. It is very intermittent. Sometimes the Roamios stop responding to the remote for a few minutes. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
  18. TheWizz

TheWizz New Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I have a Harmony One in my Den and a Harmony Smart Control in another room - both work well w/ no issues at the default settings. I do have an IR extender that the Harmony One goes through first. I have setup a few sequences as well like 4x advance 30s with no issues.
  19. djjuice

djjuice New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I have the logitech 900 with my roamio but I've started to use the tivo remote more and more just because its faster with the RF rather than IR. I really don't want to get a new harmony since the design/button layout IMO is horrible.
  20. mcbrems

mcbrems New Member

Apr 11, 2014
    One other issue I'm including here regards implementing my "TiVo" button for my Roamio on my Harmony Ultimate One. I couldn't get it to work, even though I tried using the TiVo remote to teach the Harmony the button using the Harmony setup web client. For some reason, even though the TiVo command was not occupying any other button on the Harmony, it still showed up as unavailable (grayed out).

So I tried adding a custom command, and named it TiVo Menu. I taught it the TiVo command via IR from the Roamio peanut remote, and assigned that custom command to the Menu button on the Harmony. It worked perfectly. Can't understand why it wouldn't allow me to edit the default TiVo command within the Harmony setup.

Anyways, if you are going to do this, you need to make sure your TiVo peanut is in IR mode first, since the Harmony Ultimate One is IR only. Simultaneously pressing "TiVo" and "D" on the Roamio remote does this.

Hope this is useful to somebody. I couldn't find any matching reference in any of these forums. I'll probably cross-post to the Harmony forums.