1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live TV cut off by recording

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by igirl, May 9, 2013.

1. igirl

igirl Tivo and EyeTV User

Feb 5, 2011
    Sarasota, FL
    This is a weird one - I was watching the live TV buffer today on my P4 - (no other tuners being used), and had scheduled to record something on the same channel I was watching, starting soon.

I was probably 20 minutes behind real time in the buffer - when the recorder commandeered the tuner I was viewing and re-changed the channel - (to the same one I was watching) and started recording.

No other tuners were being used.

The entire buffer was blown out and skipped up to the current real time moment as it began recording. As a result, that 20 minutes I had left queued up were gone.

Why didn't it user any one of the other idle, THREE tuners just sitting there? :confused:

2. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    This is a well know bug in version 20 of Tivo OS.

For now if you want to view the live buffer ( any time near a programming change ) you need to hit the record button.

3. igirl

igirl Tivo and EyeTV User

Feb 5, 2011
    Sarasota, FL
    Thanks -

OR - set any one (or more) of the other 3 tuners to that channel as well - for redundant live buffer backup - when one tuner gets commandeered, others will remain...