1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip Sync (esp. HD) and dark, overly red picture

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jntc, Dec 5, 2013.

1. jntc

jntc New Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Just hooked up my Roamio and noticed the picture quality to be way too dark, and somewhat too red tinted

Also, lip sync on HD channels are way off

Using the same cable and HDMI cable (new 1.4a 15gig), the cable box does not exhibit these issues

Anyone else, or any suggestions?
  2. worachj

worachj Active Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Each box handles video and audio a little bit different so you may need to re-calibrate settings. When I replaced my S3 with a new Roamio my picture was also dark and the tint was off. So I went into my TV settings and re-calibrate the picture settings to a perfect picture.

If your sound goes through an AV receiver your receiver may have a delay setting you can play with to fix the sound.
  3. worachj

worachj Active Member

Oct 13, 2006
    It also makes a difference which box is doing the video decoding(TiVo, AV receiver, TV) and how you have the video settings on each box. Check your TiVo video settings.

Example: Three different video conversions.
    TiVo 720p => Av 1080I = TV 1080p.
  4. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Also make sure you are using the same HDMI input. Each input on most modern tvs has different video settings.

As for lip sync, most tvs and receivers have a setting to adjust lip sync if you are seeing issues.