1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux GPL'd sources for recent software

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by AllYourBase, Sep 11, 2012.

1. AllYourBase

AllYourBase New Member

Oct 23, 2007
    A note to TiVo, I am requesting the 11.2 (DirecTV THR22), 15.3 (Virgin Mobile/Cisco/Gimbal, 19.0 (tivo stream), and 20.x (latest premiere) GPL'd sources.

I'm surmising that tivo is not legally on the hook to release the source for the the 3rd party boxes (DirecTV and Virgin), though would appreciate a confirmation of that.

For the 19.x software, I can understand that you may wish to wait for the 90 days for the dust to settle. For the 20.x software, that's been out for a while now.

Finally, a question about the tivo software running on the stream, why is it an LSB system? This is the first mips cpu I've seen tivo run in LSB, was it because of the transcoder hardware?

Thanks

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Are you just cc'ing us, with the original actually going to TiVo, Inc, at tivo.com?

3. stahta01

stahta01 Simple Member

Dec 23, 2001
    Fort Wayne,...
  4. SullyND

SullyND L:45-21 TCF Club

Dec 30, 2004
    Chicago Burbs
    Margret has posted on twitter that they should be posted soon - OP, TiVo isn't as active on here as they once were - you'd be better off going to them directly (But then maybe you are sockpuppet on twitter and that's what you did).

5. AllYourBase

AllYourBase New Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Ironic that had you taken your own, unsolicited, advice before posting, you would have found absent the software versions I requested and perhaps saved us from a needless post.

6. stahta01

stahta01 Simple Member

Dec 23, 2001
    Fort Wayne,...
    I think you can go away.

Tim S.