1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linksys Adapter for Premiere 4 and XL4

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by WD41, May 24, 2013.

1. WD41

WD41 New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    I plan to buy a TiVo Premiere 4 (or XL4) for use with a Linksys, "Wireless-N Gaming and Video Adapter", WET610N. This model is said to be compatible with an, "Ethernet-enabled DVR". Is the Linksys WET610N compatible with the TiVo Premiere series?

2. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    Yes. It is compatible because it is simply a wireless ethernet adapter. The TiVo will only know that there is an ethernet cable connected to it.
    I use an Apple Airport Express in the same fashion.

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    You may want to consider MOCA to avoid any potential issues with interference if you will use streaming funtionality.

4. Teeps

Teeps Active Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    I am using a WES610N with an S3 648250 TiVo connected via Either Net cable.
    So a WET610N should work, as TiVo does not discriminate via the RG45 Either Net connection.

5. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    I'm not familiar with linksys, though I have long use wireless bridges and streamed with no issues. Be sure you do a site survey and pick a channel with little or no competing wlan's. I run mine on the 5ghz band, until recently I've never had a competing network. They did not do a site survey and setup on the same channel. No problem I just changed my channel. With only one other 5Ghz network I'm good for some time. On the common 2.4 Fuzz band there are 16 different wlan's