1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limit on TiVo HD Upgrades

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by PatrickNSF, Dec 16, 2012.

1. PatrickNSF

PatrickNSF New Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Is there a limit on how many Lifetime transfers you can do to a new Premiere as an existing TiVo customer? I tried to do my 2nd today, and the TiVo rep said is was limited to one per customer.

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    What were you transferring it from?

An old grandfathered Series 1?

A Premiere that had gone bad?

Did you have to pay anything for the transfer the first time?

3. macjeepster

macjeepster New Member

Sep 2, 2007
    Yes, please. Tell us how you did one.

4. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I thought the limit was 0 unless you had the TiVo repaired by a dealer or TiVo itself, and after 3 years I think TiVo is now charging $150 to move the Lifetime to a different unit of the same model. The old Series 1 xfers must be all but finished by now, unless the OP has two or three old Series 1s activated before January 20, 2000.

OP please get back to us

5. philhu

philhu User Since Day ONE!

Apr 11, 2001
    Funcity, MA
    I still have 2 sony svr-2000 units for OTA that are in service, lifetime and working fine. These are series 1 units, 30g hard drives, sd only. One is dedicated to Young and the Restless for my wife.

So they are lifetime subs just waiting to be moved to a 'modern' unit!!! And grandfathered!!!!

6. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    I didn't think the Sony S1s hit the market until after the Jan 2000 cutoff on grandfathered one time only transferable lifetime subs.

7. Ben_Jamin75

Ben_Jamin75 New Member

Dec 18, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    I think the OP is referring to buying lifetime for $99 on an old TiVo HD that was on monthly service, after/while activating a new premiere box on the same account.