1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lifetime Won't Happen until November

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Brighton Line, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Brighton Line

Brighton Line New Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I activated my new Roamio and asked for $99 on my XL4. Which qualified but since I had just renewed under $99 a year the representative put it in as renewing November 2014 for lifetime.
    It still shows account as 3 "good Standing" not lifetime. I did get an email that says I will get lifetime in November 2014.

Any ideas how I can sell this on Ebay with "lifetime" even though it won't get lifetime until November?

Should I call back under the 30 Day refund policy and drop the lifetime? Or just wait until November?

The whole thing was to get the liftetime on XL4 so I could sell it and recoup some cash.

My third box goes to no commitment $14.99 on February 1st just a basic Premier with external drive. I could just drop that box then and have the other two lifetimes (Series 5 Pro and 4XL) and forget the option of selling the 4XL. Don't need three boxes and 10 tuners, dropping a box also recoups $2 a month cablecard.

Any suggestions?
  2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    See if you can transfer the remaining sub (not lifetime) of the Premiere to your new Tivo. You can then get lifetime on the old box.
  3. jkkw

jkkw Tivo-addict

Mar 18, 2001
    has anyone done this?
    i have a premiere that is on a yearly plan that is paid until september 2014. Got a roamio and got lifetime on it - called and got 99$ lifetime on premiere that starts in september 2014!

i also have a tivo HD in the basement that was cancelled in 2007 but they won't give me 99$ lifetime on - is it possible to transfer the remaining year to the tivo HD?

would love to try but don't want to be in hold to try if it's not even remotely possible. thanks!
  4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Yes, I have done it myself. When they had lifetime transfer at the time. It was 2 months after that transfer was complete, I had transferred the 10 months remaining of a year to a series 2.

You would need to get your remaining Tivo up and connect to service to show them it is still working.
  5. bbock727

bbock727 New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Longbranch NJ
    Can someone explain to me how this lifetime transfer is working? I have two series 3 tivos that died within 2 months of each other and tivo isnt offering me a lifetime transfer.
  6. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    There is no Lifetime transfer. They were discussing moving his non-Lifetime contract.
  7. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Is it TiVo that won't do an out of warranty replacement, or is it you, not wanting to accept the replacement box that TiVo usually offers?

If it is the former, you might need to play CSR roulette. How long have you had the Tivos in question?
  8. ltxi

ltxi New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Tivo begins any change in service option effective upon expiration of any already paid service term. I find this annoying but, knowing this is the way they work, it hasn't affected me for more than a few days/couple of weeks. Given the OP's dealing with a year and no one explained it, I'd call back and pitch a fit.