1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lifetime TiVo Premiere with a Best Buy warranty

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by buscuitboy, Oct 3, 2012.

1. buscuitboy

buscuitboy Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    I got a dual tuner TiVo Premiere earlier this year from Best Buy. Made it a lifetime unit as well. Also wound up getting the Best Buy extended warranty since it was 4yrs of total protection for about $20. Seemed like a better deal than Tivo's at $40 for 3yrs.

Anyway, as the world of technology constantly changes, I am now looking for a better whole home DVR solution that also involves not having to pay Comcast additional cable card fees. Therefore, the 4-tuner Premieres with one (or numerous) upcoming TiVo "minis" might be a good option (depending on the mini price) since it would take just one M-card.

To offset the price of this possible 4-tuner Premiere setup (w/ minis), I might then sell this lifetime Premiere (with a Best Buy warranty) on ebay. Can BB TiVo warranties be transferred to someone else? Or is strictly based on the buyer?

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
  3. buscuitboy

buscuitboy Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    Cool. good to know & thanks. Now, if TiVo will just release these "minis" so I can do a full cost comparison, all will be peachy

4. uw69

uw69 Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Washington
    I think a lot of folks are looking to do the same thing...if the mini's cost is "reasonable".

5. buscuitboy

buscuitboy Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    Ideally for my situation, I would like to use a "mini" with my current lifetime 2-tuner Premiere for occasional viewing on a basement TV, but I heard initially they will only work with 4-tuner Premieres. A software update will hopefully then be released later to make it work with 2-tuner Premieres. When that actually happens is ANYBODY'S guess. :)