1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Letter From Time Warner RE: SDV

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by raianoat, Oct 16, 2008.

1. raianoat

raianoat TiVoBlog.com

Jan 27, 2004
  2. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    I am also in the Central New York division, but I have not received this letter yet. Interestingly I called my contact today to ask about the progress. He is going to get back to me. I am sure this letter is actually being sent to notify people that the channels are being moved the SDV because the FCC has stated that a move to SDV is equivalent to shutting off the channels and therefore requires a 30 day notification. If you hear any more please post it here.
    Thanks,
    Josh

3. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    So I did get this letter. Although several days after you did (I got mine on Saturday). This is really crappy in that I actually care about some of these channels. I want the HD channels, but in a way it was ok before due to the fact that I was receiving most of the SD versions so I could just watch that until the Tuning Adapter came out. Now these channels are being completely removed from my line up, and really no Tuning Adapter in sight. Until they say I can get it, it doesn't exist, as there is no guarantee.

4. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    So November 13 has come and gone. I have yet to lose the channels. How about you? I wonder if they have put off their plans for one reason or another. Possibly they just haven't switched them to SDV because they don't have any new channels to add yet. I still haven't heard anything about getting my adapter.
    Josh