1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legit (on FX) - entire Season 1 thread (with spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Joules1111, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Joules1111

Joules1111 Not Drawful

Jul 21, 2005
    Anyone else watching this? It has DJ Qualls who I love and some Australian comedian that I've never heard of. I loved episode 1, but episode 2 was a train wreck and I was about to write it off.

But episode 3 got me. It was both hysterically funny AND heartwarming to the point I actually started to tear up.

So, anyone else watching?

2. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I quit watching part way through episode 1. I don't think I'm interested in a show with a quadriplegic character. I found it too depressing and I was looking for the show to be a comedy.

I did jump to episode 2 and watched it for 5-10 minutes, but found it to be more of the same.

3. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I agree that episode three the show really stepped up to where I expected to be. The first episode was good, although it was essentially the last 30 minutes of Jim Jeffries Alcoholocaust special, where he tells that story.... Episode two took a bit of a dive but three was just great.

As for the paraplegic character, this is based on a real friend of jim's. What happened in the first episode is actually something that happened with jim and his handicapped friend (comedic liberties aside). I find their take on it pretty uplifting really, and the third episode especially gets there.

4. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I missed the pilot, but I thought Ep 2 was good and Ep 3 was really funny.

5. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    One of the funniest 30 minutes on TV right now. Kinda like Louie in that it's not for everyone. But give it a chance.

Parts of it are regular funny, and then parts are so funny I find myself literally laughing out loud. The scene this week when quadri was on video chat, and aussie was yanking him, and his mom and brother (and Lauren from accounting!) walk in... too funny. Had to rewind and watch again.