1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

laymens terms

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by chemisstree, Jun 3, 2006.

1. chemisstree

chemisstree New Member

May 24, 2006
    thank goodness for this website. my tivo system has no more space for recordings. i have lots of movies that i would like to record onto my dvd recorder. how can i do that? please suggest in simpliest terms since i am just learning. i don't know if you would need this information, just in case you do...i have a sony rdr-gx7 dvd recorder and tivo series2. also what dvd format i should use.? i hope my question is not too confusing.
  2. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    Ah, this forum is really for the integrated TiVo/DVD systems, not for using an external DVD burner with a standard TiVo.

But, in short, you need to connect the A/V outputs on the TiVo to the A/V inputs on the DVD recorder. Then you can simply Play the shows on the TiVo, or use the Save to VCR function, and then record on the DVD recorder just as you would with a VCR.

As for DVD formats, etc, that depends on what you recorder supports, the TiVo doesn't enter into it.