1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lasted four days!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by HenryFarpolo, Mar 15, 2013.

1. HenryFarpolo

HenryFarpolo New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Andover Ma
    Got my Mini on Sunday. It worked fine for four days. On day five it locked up while changing channels. I got the spinning channel change indicator but the channel never changes. I tried reset and all the other diagnostics to no avail.

Tivo support suggested a return to BB which I will do tomorrow. I have never had the whiff of a problem with any TIVO product. Just got unlucky this time. :(

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Did you try rebooting the host TiVo?

3. HenryFarpolo

HenryFarpolo New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Andover Ma
    Yes...I rebooted the host, reset the router, changed the HDMI, confirmed the network. I covered all of the steps I took with the TIVO tech.

Things go bad. I would rather see an early failure than one that occurs two days after the warranty expires.:)

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Is it only live TV? Can you see the My Shows list? Or does it not see the host DVR at all?

If you're using MoCa have you tried Ethernet, or vice versa?

5. HenryFarpolo

HenryFarpolo New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Andover Ma
    The problem, and the only problem is as I described. It hangs up changing channels. My setup is MOCA. I do not have easy access to ethernet in that location. It worked fine for three days.

It gets replaced tomorrow. Lets see what happens.

6. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Not surprised. There's always a chance of a few bad units in the initial manufacture run and bugs that the beta testers didn't find.

7. buscuitboy

buscuitboy New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area

Yea, this is why I have no problem holding out a bit longer to possibly get one. As the saying goes..... "Good things come to those who WAIT" :up:

I personally am waiting for the dynamic tuner allocation anyway.

8. HenryFarpolo

HenryFarpolo New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Andover Ma
    I didn't start this thread to ring an alarm bell. I certainly wouldn't let one issue from one poster dissuade me from purchasing a Mini. I am replacing my Mini, not returning it for a refund.

9. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    This is one reason I just signed up for the $6 monthly fee initially for my two TiVo Minis. I will be running them for several days to see if there are any issues. Then once I'm satisfied I don't need to exchange them, I will change them to lifetime service. Since TiVo gives you 30 days to change the service.

10. Gromit

Gromit Active Member

Nov 4, 1999
    Atlanta, GA
    I just hooked up my second Mini. It was working fine, but then I switched channels and it rebooted. This one is connected using ethernet where the first one uses MoCA. I guess I'll keep an eye on it.

11. HenryFarpolo

HenryFarpolo New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Andover Ma
    I replaced the problem Mini this AM. The replacement works fine. Case Closed for me!!