1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

last resort - Dec. 6 2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by sieglinde, Dec 7, 2012.

1. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    What was the mission in Pakistan? To plant fake nukes?

2. Gary McCoy

Gary McCoy Active Member

Jun 4, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Yes. The wounded SEAL team member was faking the evidence of WMD's with two "suitcase nukes" out of his own pack. The nominal mission was a false front to enable this evidence to be planted, after which those mysterious corrupt US DOD types would use the faked evidence to justify nuking Pakistan.

The plot gets more preposterous every week. The presence of a "CIA plant" on every US sub sounds like the "zampolit" Communist party member that was placed abourd every USSR sub during the Cold War.

3. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I've always liked Braugher and wanted to like this show, but as I said in another thread it was clear from the beginning this storyline had no legs - it could only go so far. Last night's episode makes it clear (and appropriate) why this show has been cancelled.

4. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I toured a Russian sub (I guess we purchased) in Long Beach and there was an assault rifle on the wall in the political offficer's quarters. :) I guess they needed a political officer on the Colorado.

5. Barmat

Barmat Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Livermore CA
    I have one major prob with the premise for this show that makes it impossible to believe the rest. Trained dolphins. Strap 2-3 tactical nukes to the dolphins, make them swim next to the Colorado and "holy mushroom cloud Batman" no series.

6. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm still enjoying the show and I'm glad they showed us the backstory of what happened with the SEALs just before the Colorado picked them up in the pilot. We knew it was something unsavory, but I don't think we realized they were planting nukes to justify a war. That's pretty much evil. All so the President could avoid being impeached. I always thought the political intrigue in Washington would make the show very interesting, but they've barely talked about that at all. I think the submarine/island stuff was just a minor story compared to what's going on in D.C., yet we only see the island/submarine stuff and a little bit of Autumn Reeser's character. If it were the other way around, I think the show would have been much better.

7. Gary McCoy

Gary McCoy Active Member

Jun 4, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    "That's pretty much evil."? You mean like cruise-missiling an Iraqi aspirin factory during your second presidential election, claiming that they were producing chemical WMD's?

I agree, that's totally bogus and could never happen in real life. :D

8. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Did you see the word Nukes in there?