1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KMTTG & Videoredo

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by species8472jj, Mar 9, 2013.

1. species8472jj

species8472jj New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    This probably is not possible, but I thought I would ask.

Right now, I have a list of auto transfers set up to automatically download shows to my PC and cut commercials in VideoRedo.

I'm sure people who have done this know that different shows/different channels have different threshold levels. That being said, what will work great for one show will not work well for another show.

So, my question is in the auto transfer section is there a way to pass different threshold levels (to videoredo) based on the show I am transfering?

Again, my guess is (at least at this point is) it is not possible, but I thought I would ask.

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    No. If you use comskip for commercial detection it's possible to specify a different comskip.ini file for different shows though. (You can tune comskip commercial detection methods by adjusting parameters in comskip.ini). I personally don't use commercial detection (find it quicker to just cut them out myself without having to correct wrongly detected commercials) so can't offer specific advice on how to tune comskip but from my recollection in general comskip did a better job at getting commercial detection right since it considers more factors than the VRD detection method.