1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kmttg to convert files not on TiVo to mp4?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by timckelley, Aug 2, 2013.

1. timckelley

timckelley TCFer

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Hello, I have successfully used kmttg to convert a show from my TiVo to mp4, then used iTunes to put it onto an iPod Touch.

My question is: what about shows that I've already moved from a TiVo to a pyTiVo share folder? Those don't seem to visibly show up when I launch kmttg. What is the best way to convert those to mp4?

It'd be nice if I don't have to move them back to my TiVos because the TiVos are wirelessly connected to my network, while my pyTiVo shares reside on an NAS that has a wired connection to my network, so the speeds are much better there.

2. timckelley

timckelley TCFer

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin, TX
    BTW, my wife is asking me to move a bunch of her shows to her 32 GB iPhone because we're about to leave town in two days for a week (beach vacation), and I think she wants access to some of her shows.

3. timckelley

timckelley TCFer

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I may have just figured it out on my own. In the "Files" tab, I click <Add>, and selected the show. Once added, I started a job with that show selected, with the options selected to convert to mp4 format. It's converting as we speak.

4. timckelley

timckelley TCFer

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Well it converted, but the audio is quite a bit off sync from the video.

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    To avoid sync issues you should try enabling "QS Fix" step preferably with kmttg setup to use VideoRedo if you have it, else using ProjectX that comes with kmttg setup otherwise.