1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KMTTG Questions

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by JeffreyF, Aug 14, 2012.

1. JeffreyF

JeffreyF New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    I have just started to use KMTTG and am thirlled with how seamlessly it operates between the TiVO and all functions required to convert to different formats.

I have two questions I am hopint to have some hlep with.

1. Finding the TiVO server

I have the TiVO server in the 192.168.5.X zone and my computer on the 192.168.4.X zone. The zones can see each other.

Is there a way I can have KMTTG see the TiVO server when it is on the second zone?

Currently I had to put my computer on the 192.168.5.X zone to see the TiVO server.

2. Converting to iPad files

I find it is takingt about 55 minutes for a 1 gigabyte Tivo file to be converted to the .mp4 iPad format. The only options selcected are decode and encode wiht the ff ipad4

Is there any way this process can be sped up?

Speaking of speed, how does KMTTG's speed of conversion compare to the TiVO Desktop conversion speed?

Jeffrey

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    TiVo uses Bonjour (mDNS) to discover other TiVos and devices on the network. Multicast traffic doesn't traverse subnets, which is why your PC and TiVo can't see each other unless they are on the same subnet.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    In kmttg you don't have rely on discovery though, you can manually specify a TiVo IP and name and it will just use it as given.

4. JeffreyF

JeffreyF New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Kevin, thank you for the suggestion.

First, congratualtions again on a truly incredible program. Keep up the great work.

I did see this last night after I was exploring the program some more. After the IP address is entered, is there anything else I need to do to have KMTTG see the Tivo?

5. JeffreyF

JeffreyF New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Kevin, referring back to my second question. Is it "normal" for a 1gig file to take about an hour to convert to a mp4 file with Decode and Encode being checked off and the ff_iPad as the output?

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Supply a name and and IP is all you need. Once it's properly added you should see a tab showing up with the TiVo name you supplied.

7. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Depends on the horsepower of the machine you are using. H.264 encoding is very CPU intensive. If you are skipping "QS Fix" task you may run into A/V sync issues in resulting mp4 file so would recommend you include that step.

8. JeffreyF

JeffreyF New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    What would be the optimal settings for ff_ipad to have it the shortest possible time?

9. JeffreyF

JeffreyF New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    PS Was not running the QS fix, and yes, do see the sync issues. Now I know for next time.

10. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Depending how many cores your CPU has you could try increasing "encoding cpu cores" under config-Program Options. Other than that only a faster CPU will help. Just run it overnight so you don't sweat over how long it takes.