1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KMTTG: Episode number is Season and Episode

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by kcossabo, May 8, 2013.

1. kcossabo

kcossabo Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I might have missed a knob that can fix this, but the INCREDIBLE KMTTG (it is the BEST), seems to want to put the Episode as Season+Episode. So Season 1's episodes will be 101, 102, 103 and Season's 2 will be 201, 202..... Season is correct, but the Meta Data for Episode is a mash up?

Did I miss something?

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Which keyword are you talking about? In latest version of kmttg there are number of keywords with different meanings. For example for a show with season 3, episode 2 you have these keywords available:
    [season] = 03
    [episode] = 02
    [EpisodeNumber] = 302
    [SeriesEpNumber] = s03e02

3. kcossabo

kcossabo Member

Dec 8, 2007
    moyekj,

Great question, and probably the route to my answer. I need to RTFM and see where these are set. I checked, Metadata, decrypt, QS Fix, Ad Detect, Ad Cut, and encode.... the result is a file I drag to iDentify (a Mac app to modify and look up meta tags), and in it the Episode Number is always the compound.

I will look to see if I can see where it is set, as right now [EpisodeNumber] is being placed in what it calls Episode

4. kcossabo

kcossabo Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I can not find where I set these. I can use the [episode] in the file name or [EpisodeNumber] but can not see where this is set or what is passed to AutomicParsly ....

iTunes is picking up 201 for Episode, and I assume it is the EpisodeNumber, but can not see where it is set.

Thank you

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    The above keywords can be used in "File Naming" config. I realize now you are more asking about what goes into metadata files. The pyTivo metadata episodeNumber has always had that format and that is the format the TiVo SDUI has always used for displaying season + episode information. See pyTivo metadata Wiki on it:
    http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Metadata#episodeNumber

For AtomicParsley runs it will add season & episode information based on episodeNumber. i.e. You should see --TVEpisodeNum and --TVSeasonNum being used as part of AtomicParsley run if pyTivo metadata file has episodeNumber information.

Note that if you are vidoes back to series 4 TiVos the episodeNumber in metadata is irrelevant for HDUI as it doesn't use it.

6. kcossabo

kcossabo Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Thank you, so no nerd knob...I can edit each file each time, just wondering if there was a setting.

It would be cool for anyone sending files to iTunes for iPad / AppleTV to pick the other field.

thanks again..

7. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I understand now what you were talking about. For next release the --TVEpisodeNum argument is now just episode # without season #.