1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kmttg - download multiple segments for the same program?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Bob Lee, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Bob Lee

Bob Lee Member

May 14, 2000
    Oakland,...
    I've just started playing around with kmttg as an alternative to pyTivo and had a question about downloading a program where that program is split into multiple segments, e.g. if the Tivo restarts in the middle of the program. pyTivo handles this just fine due to its file naming conventions, but it appears as though kmttg will use the same file name for each segment and so it will either overwrite the first segment or not download the second...depending on the "overwrite" parameter. Is there an easy solution for getting around this?

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    No, you'll have to rename each file segment before downloading subsequent ones which make up the same show.

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    How about if he adds hour and min to the file naming template?

4. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    As in, the duration of the file? (I'm asking because I have a 'stuck' recording whose transfer terminates early; I haven't yet attempted to try a transfer-after-glitch point, but I'm assuming that once I do, the duplicate-file-name problem will come into play.)

5. tluxon

tluxon Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Kirkland, WA
    I'm doing this and the guide data starting time of the program is what's used for both filenames, so it doesn't work to distinguish between filenames. I have to move or rename the first file before the second one comes in or the first one is overwritten.

It would be nice if multiple files of the same name would have a (1), (2), (3), etc. appended to them automatically, but I can see the advantages of having kmttg not have to check for and know how to deal with multiple instances of what appears to be the same "program".

6. tluxon

tluxon Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Kirkland, WA
    I've had some like this that the only solution for was to transfer it to another TiVo and then it downloaded fine from the other TiVo.

7. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    That's useful to know. At the moment, I don't have another TiVo to transfer the program to. I have one TiVoHD, two Series 1s, and a couple of different computers. If we get a Premiere, I'll try transferring to that first and see what happens.