1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kmttg - Command Line

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by tomm1079, Apr 21, 2012.

1. tomm1079

tomm1079 New Member

May 10, 2005
    does kmttg have command line options? It would be nice to be able to get the Season Pass list, To Do List and Will not record list to a csv or xml file via command line.

I used TivoToDo in the past but it has stopped worked sometime in march.

Thanks,

2. AudioNutz

AudioNutz New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Yes & no.

Since kmttg would typically issue these commands (via command line interface) to Curl, you should just throw those same commands at curl, right?

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    No, not for those functions. Curious why you need csv/xml though since conflict management can be handled via kmttg GUI such as cancelling or re-scheduling a show, scheduling to record on another premiere etc.

4. tomm1079

tomm1079 New Member

May 10, 2005
    I have a Windows Home server that i access every day. I would like to get a dump of the conflicts so i can then create a webpage for it and view it since i am in the server all the time. Just trying to make my life easier.

If i saw the link when i logged into the WHS i would remember to click it. Otherwise i remember about once a week when i am not doing anything.

5. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    So close,...
    It would be nice if I could run kmttg on my headless lenny box and control it via a web interface. That would be the ultimate in my book...

6. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Or you could just implement Xwindows on your server and run an X server (like Xming) on your Windows desktop.

7. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Note that you can run kmttg outside your LAN with no VPN or anything like that needed. Under config-Tivo tab you can specify http/https/ipad ports to use on WAN side that via your router you forward to the appropriate TiVo on your LAN. So all the normal stuff you do with kmttg on LAN can be done over internet as well. I use kmttg from work and other locations outside my home all the time to interact with my 3 TiVos. Mostly these days I use the Remote functions for conflict management and for searching for new shows to schedule.

8. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    So close,...
    I'll have to look into that. I thought I had to load a gui like gnome on the server for this to work. Especially since this is a java application.

So I am clear, kmttg is running on the remote computer and you're coming into the port just to access the Tivo? IOW, you're not remotely administering kmttg are you?

9. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    No remote admin - that would require a computer running 24/7 at home which I don't have/want. Just opening up ports wan side on the router and forwarding to the TiVos. Of course when running kmttg on WAN side you set up TiVos manually with your WAN IP and the corresponding opened ports (and turn off bonjour and TiVo beacon). Some will make a fair point that opening up ports in the router to make your TiVos accessible to the outside world is risky, but I've never had issues especially since there is still authentication involved (10 digit MAK) to actually do something useful.

BTW that's one of the major problems with the TiVo iPad/Android apps - most of the good functionality is unavailable outside your LAN.

10. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Well, the server runs on the workstation where you are typing, but yes, you will need to have a display manager running on the headless workstation. You don't necessarily have to have a Desktop manager running on the headless workstation, but it may be easier. If so, you can use XDMCP to handle the session.