1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kickstart for TiVoToGo on Series-3?

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by Laurence5905, May 6, 2007.

1. Laurence5905

Laurence5905 New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Reading the "how to activate eSATA on Series-3" thread got me to thinking...

Obviously, this eSATA feature IS in the software and has been there since the beginning (or at least the first 8.1 release), it simply takes a Kickstart command to enable it since it's not enabled by default. I would assume that said Kickstart command is in there so that TiVo can test the eSATA functionality before it's available to the general public...

As such, it stands to reason that there ought to be a similar Kickstart command to enable MRV and/or TiVoToGo on the Series-3 boxes, right? I mean, TiVo needs to be able to test these features to ensure that they work, right? What better way to do it than with a Kickstart command?

So does anyone know exactly how this might work? Can I try random Kickstart commands without risk of damaging my TiVo? (If they're all 2-digit commands, then that means there's only a hundred of them to try, which really shouldn't take too terribly long...) Is there a list of known Kickstart commands, so I won't accidentally do something stupid like enable some sort of diagnostic mode that I don't want to enable, or delete everything on my TiVo HDD?

Thanks,
    Laurence MacNeill
    Mableton, Georgia, USA

2. spike2k5

spike2k5 New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Take a look at the following url:

Kickstart

Kickstart 62 is new one they added for Series 3.

3. Laurence5905

Laurence5905 New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    I've seen that site. They don't list the 62 command, and they don't list commands that I've seen on other sites (like the 53 command, for example, listed here). So it's obvious that this is not a comprehensive list of ALL the known kickstart commands...

Does anyone know of a site that does contain all the known Kickstart commands?

4. spike2k5

spike2k5 New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    For s3

here you go:

Kickstart code 6 2 - initialize E-SATA drive
    Kickstart code 5 1 - software upgrade
    Kickstart code 5 2 - emergency reinstall
    Kickstart code 5 3 - BER testing
    Kickstart code 5 4 - HDD test
    Kickstart code 5 5 - Tuner/AFT test
    Kickstart code 5 6 - software install
    Kickstart code 5 7 - force MFS check
    Kickstart code 5 8 - perform MFS cleanup
    Tray open code 111 - will open tray

5. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Northern...
    Cool, I have a hidden DVD burner in there! ;)

6. rodalpho

rodalpho New Member

Sep 12, 2006
    As I understand it, MRV and TTG have two components. The software on your TiVo must be activated by the daily call. Remember a couple of months ago when a bunch of people had their MRV/TTG status changed to y,y,y (or something like that)? That was half the puzzle, and it still didn't actually work.

7. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    It is a,a,a (or i,i,i). TivoToGo is activted by that on command form the service, if it is in the software. There is no Kickstart code, as it is not in the nature of the feature to be controlled that way.