1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kick Start on new Roamio Pro?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Finalrinse, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Finalrinse

Finalrinse New Member

Jan 12, 2005
    S.E. Michigan
    I'm getting a new Roamio Pro delivered today. I'm currently on a business trip until 3/19. I'm having it delivered to me at my temporary location, so I can't really use it or plug my M-Card in. In the mean time I would like to at least hook it up to a TV and make sure it turns on. Do you think since I have some time I should run Kick Start diagnostics and make sure everything is alright? If so, what specifically should I run?
    Thanks

2. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I think you just want to unpack it and play with it ;). Personally, I'd suggest you leave it alone until you are ready to set it up.

3. Finalrinse

Finalrinse New Member

Jan 12, 2005
    S.E. Michigan
    We'll, I got it and plugged it in. It's going through an update. After it's finished I'm going to pack it back up.

4. Finalrinse

Finalrinse New Member

Jan 12, 2005
    S.E. Michigan
    Update! I hooked it up today, did a basic setup, then installed my cable card and called the Comcast cable card activation number. In about ten minutes all the premium channels were working and all 6 tuners work good. The UI is much faster than my previous TiVo's. So far it's awesome!

5. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    The...
    hehe

it's supper easy to upgrade the hdd too....