1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Key Word Search

Discussion in 'TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)' started by matt@thehickmans, Jan 30, 2009.

1. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    I like to use "pilot" as a key word search. It gets me to a lot of new shows and favorite old series where I may have missed the pilot episode. However, I am not seeing the kind of results I have come to expect from this keyword in the beta search.

Am I doing it wrong? Or is the beta just not searching the description data?

2. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    You aren't doing anything wrong. TiVo does not index episode titles or descriptions. They only index show titles.

Several people have requested that TiVo index episode titles and show them in search results, in the format <episode title> (<show name>) or <show name> (<episode title>). We may or may not see that in the future. We can hope.

3. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    The lack of indexing on episode titles and descriptions makes the beta search less useful than the current search/wishlist. I would not like to loose this usefulness just to gain a pretty interface.

4. nrc

nrc Cracker Soul

Nov 17, 1999
    Living in a...
    I suspect that this is targeted at replacing Swivel Search. Wish List will definitely stay as I image will title search.