1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keeping Up with the Kardashians renewed. Richest deal in reality show HiSTORY

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bareyb, Apr 24, 2012.

1. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I just find this mind boggling. The biggest deal in reality show HISTORY? I have incredibly low standards and I don't even watch the Kardashians. Apparently a LOT of people do though... Wow. Fake a wedding, cash in... Fake dating Kanye, Cash in. What CAN'T these people make money off of? :D

2. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    As a fellow (and ashamed) Armenian, I demand a cut!

3. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    $40 mil (ok, it says "over", but still) for a *family* (it's 3 people, right) for 3 seasons, actually doesn't seem THAT out there with salaries like Sheen and the Friends people made per episode..

I don't watch the show either. I like a lot of bad reality shows (Big Brother, I'm talking to you), and even think Seacrest is a cool guy, but I don't watch this.. (Though I did halfway watch the 20/20 ABOUT Dancing with the Stars, though even Woz couldn't get me to actually watch Dancing with the Stars.)

4. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    It's the highest paying contract in reality TV history so it's about as big as it gets. You really can't compare salaries for Reality TV and "Real" actors like Charlie Sheen. :p

5. jdfs

jdfs Unspecial Member

Oct 21, 2002
    And Seacrest is getting $15 million a year to just host. Crazy money for what he brings.

6. jilter

jilter Happy to be here.

Oct 4, 2002
    Not a Seacrest thread, but since he owns the Kardashian show, there is the real mind-boggle. He is the Dick Clark of his generation. In recent euligies about Clark it was noted not only his business sense but that he had a real knack for knowing what people would watch.

7. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    Business wise Kris Jenner is really good at what she does.

8. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    The Dallas Mavericks should sue for some of that money.

9. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    I guess someone is watching this...

I haven't watched one second. Winning!

10. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I guess this might be considered a thread crap, but sometimes Americans make me ashamed to be one.. :D